Anybody use Serif PhotoPlus 11 ??

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm getting fed up with Elements 4 so it's time to upgrade. I could go for Elements 5.0 but I'm not convinced that I'll like it anymore than 4.0.

I've been looking at reviews of the Serif product and it has been given some good ratings but has anybody actually used it & if so what do you think of it ?

Thanks

Brian

Ps I cant afford CS2 & have this weird thing of having to buy stuff if I use it :bonk:

I agree. Very good image editor. i use it all the time. Though it is better on linux than on windows.

(y)

Does it support Canon .CRW RAW files or would I have to use RSE as a first step ?

just install UFraw and it works fine with most raw formats

Taken from: http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html

MS Windows for dummies

I recommend installing the Gimp, but it is not a requirement. If you decide not to install the Gimp you will still need to install GTK+2. Both GTK+2 and the Gimp can be downloaded and installed from the Gimp for Windows page. Then you can download and run the Windows installer ufraw-0.11-setup.exe and follow its instructions. Simple.

Notice that if you installed UFRaw without installing the Gimp and then change your mind and install the Gimp, you will have to re-install UFRaw if you want to be able to open raw files directly from the Gimp.
I sometimes get complaints that the windows version does not work, usually because of problems with DLL files. Most users don't see these problems and for those that do, the problem is never reproducble. Reinstalling UFRaw, or reinstalling GTK+2 and UFRaw seems to always solve the problem. If you have such problems and you can reproduce the installation steps that reproduce the problem, I would be very interested to hear about it.

Back