Anyone at Gigg ln for the FC cup match tonight

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Should be good... three stands sold out and pay on the night for the remaining stand.. always a great atmosphere at any fc united game but this should surpass anything..

gotta be a lot of media interest so anyone on here booked in?

I emailed FC a couple of weeks ago asking for a photographers pass for tonight. Never got a reply.

Thinking of going to watch but now can't get there until 7.30pm and I reckon it'll be sold out then.

Should be a good game.

Doubt it will be sold out.. capacity 7,600 and only a small number from brighton

Make sure you sit at the FC Scum end - reckon we'll be camped there most of the game (he says hopeful that Gus will actually put out a team that wants to get something from the game!!!!)

Pitch inspection 4.30

That's a bit late considering the few hardy souls from Sussex will already have set off.

MATCH ON! :) Official..

Chris ya big girl... :)

4.30 came nearly 30 minutes early.:p

yup.. ref arrived early.. did a check and fishy website says game now deffo on no more inspections ..

Apparently we've sold a huge amount of tickets.

6 by all accounts.

I guess the weather and watching the reserves play a lower league team is putting most off. Plus it's on the TV/Internet. FC Scum seem to have sold a few though.

Hope it's not too cold for you.

See the right team won :D

Hope you got some good shots and you didn't freeze your watsits off.

Big boots.. 2 pairs of socks... full body thermals.. thick pants.. jumper... fleece that zips up round neck... overcoat.. hat and gloves..... still cold

Got some good goal celebrations and some good pics of balaclave wearing fans with flares... sent them from match but so many agencies i dont hold out much hope... but dont care... enjoyed it..

near end of game the big screen thingy showed tonights attendence is... about 7.000 we are still counting.... haha thats what it said :)

Bumb back down to earth tonight (thur) with blackburn rovers v reading fa yoof cup at ewood park

near end of game the big screen thingy showed tonights attendence is... about 7.000 we are still counting.... haha thats what it said :)

And thats the shot I would have sent to the papers, give em some of the old FA cup magic!

It was a scrolling message.. otherwise I would have done ;)

where's your creativity philip? you could've done a panoramic stitch with your little canon thingy.

i bet the salford heads were out in force weren't they :bonk:

I got the "is about 7000" in one pic but........

Excuses, excuses, must try harder :LOL:

It was a scrolling message.. otherwise I would have done ;)

Saw you had a scoreboard shot on the site.

Asked JP if you would be covering the replay after the first match, he said prob not due to the euro mid weel games. Did you twist his arm?

Sorry Tony, didn't mean you, Phil has a shot up on the company's website we both snap for.

I knew what you meant.. I just presumed it was something we could all see? if not then this is a bit like reading someone private messages :)

I knew what you meant.. I just presumed it was something we could all see? if not then this is a bit like reading someone private messages :)

Sorry, my mistake. Yeah see what you mean :bonk:

dont take me too seriously mate...:)

Never do! :LOL:
Just when I read the post back you were right about reading a PM.

Anyway, only thing I've seen from the match was a small Brighton cele in the Sun that must have been from shot the United attack end

Last edited:
where's your creativity philip? you could've done a panoramic stitch with your little canon thingy.

i bet the salford heads were out in force weren't they :bonk:

Come on now, United are in Trafford not Salford ;)

Excuses, excuses, must try harder :LOL:

Saw you had a scoreboard shot on the site.

Asked JP if you would be covering the replay after the first match, he said prob not due to the euro mid weel games. Did you twist his arm?

Nah had 2 games cancelled last week so was just making sure I get my fill of shifts this month :)

To be fair, I did do a shot of the scoreboard at 90 mins with a mahoosive crowd underneath it, as some sort of substitution for said idea!

Last edited:
At the FC game I got very good crowd shots wiht flares.. you can see right into the balaclava eyes and the cat-c labels on the foreheads of all the people holding flares and around.. quite pleased with it...three guys in balaclava type things pretty close together holding flares..

Had a very good night tonight at ewood park ... youth fa cup... spent first half of extra time on laptop ..then settled down for second half and got two good action shots of the equaliser and winning goals by rovers and both times they ran right towards me near corner flag.... should be decent pics in lancs telegraph tommorow if the last ones got to press in time :)

one of them drives home feeling pleased with myself..

At the FC game I got very good crowd shots wiht flares.. you can see right into the balaclava eyes and the cat-c labels on the foreheads of all the people holding flares and around.. quite pleased with it...three guys in balaclava type things pretty close together holding flares..

Had a very good night tonight at ewood park ... youth fa cup... spent first half of extra time on laptop ..then settled down for second half and got two good action shots of the equaliser and winning goals by rovers and both times they ran right towards me near corner flag.... should be decent pics in lancs telegraph tommorow if the last ones got to press in time :)

one of them drives home feeling pleased with myself..

Its always a nice warm feeling when you know you have bagged a gem of a shot...I hope it get published Tony.

Its always a nice warm feeling when you know you have bagged a gem of a shot...I hope it get published Tony.

cheers mate....thats the warm feeling.. knowing ya got the pic and knowing deffo published... sent by paper who had productions issues last night (just had an email) and my pics deffo in tommorows paper :)

cheers mate....thats the warm feeling.. knowing ya got the pic and knowing deffo published... sent by paper who had productions issues last night (just had an email) and my pics deffo in tommorows paper :)

You can feed your starving kids now then ?? lol Well done fella.

well i got one barnet goal and two really good lots of cele from both goals.. sent to nationals but unless they pick them then they wont see the light of day as both my local papers will want stanley stuff.

sent from pitchside to my list of sunday papers

tonight will send to list of emails for mondays papers... same shots but also some action..prob send to one email at a time..

currently sat on fans coach on way home from barnet...eta 10pm

Back