Anyone been listening to Radio1? Phone bills

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Just listening to Radio1, some people on there have run up £700 phone bills, sending 6000+ texts in a month!!

Thats just obscene!

So... Whats the largest mobile bill you've ever had. For personal use, not business accounts as they will be higher anyway :)

Mines Approx £110, the first month I moved away from Essex, normal bill is around £35 :)

I am on pay as you talk/go thingy - I tend to spend about £3 a month :p - I rarely text as anyone I want to text I can get hold of online just as easily and any calls I make tend to be quite quick.

Very little on personal. On work, I ran up a phone bill of £1200 one month. I was in Hong Kong and the boss rang me up to tell me off about it. He got quite cross when I hung up to save money!

There have been reports of people getting bills of £11,000 in a month for mobile internet...

Very little on personal. On work, I ran up a phone bill of £1200 one month. I was in Hong Kong and the boss rang me up to tell me off about it. He got quite cross when I hung up to save money!

There have been reports of people getting bills of £11,000 in a month for mobile internet...

:eek::eek: Kin eck!!

Average mobile bill for me is about £130 a month.. goes up and down depending on when I travel.

I probably spend less than £2 a month.
I don't even speak to the few people I actually like on the phone. :razz:
Legacy of working in a tech support call centre and answering up to 180 calls a day. :bang: Phone fatigue!

well my highest was approx £360 i was on holiday in houston and had been phoning my girlfriend never realised the cost, got home and recieved bill :eek: took me a while to pay off credit card.

usual cost around £35
i am now on contract and have unlimited texts, but only really send about 100 a month,

Personally mine is a couple of pounds - the reason being that business wise is a fortune, due to international travel and a lot of phone use. After that my enthusiasm for personal calls on the mobile is pretty low!

I travelled with a colleague to the US once, and I hooked my laptop up to the (free) Wifi in the hotel to access our work's systems. My colleague didn't travel so much, but saw mine connected constantly. He hadn't realised there was Wifi, so he also left his connected all the time. By dial up. From the US to Scotland. At hotel phone prices! After a few hours it came up in conversation, and he realised and disconnected, but it was still one spectacular phone bill!

Largest personal bill I had was on my very first phone, first bill, £870 :D

I'm currently running in the high 700's but thats paid for by my lovely employer on a free blackberry :)

£240ish was my biggest personal bill, but that included calls from Italy and Spain in the same month.

Current bills are no more than £35 now that the mins and text limits on the iPhone tariff have changed.

i,m on pay as you go so mines normally a tenner a month, that includes 300 txts which i,ve never used, always amazes me how people can send so many txts :shrug:

I don't use my cell phone and it's pay as you go. I put a tenner on it 6 months ago got about £9 left.

Home phone with BT in normally around £17 a quarter

£25.60 was my most expensive. I was gutted that I'd gone 60p over my usual monthly bill of £25 :LOL:

I hardly use my phone anymore nowadays. Have two sim cards, probably get through £40 and €80 a year. One day, I'll have a fixed abode and will get an iPhone on contract. No more of this traveling malarkey :D

My contract is £10 a month.

300 minutes talk and 300 texts.

at the end of the month, I usually have about 290 minutes talk time left and about 260 texts left.

:LOL:

I've never spent more than that on a phone bill.

i swear i must have the all time record, not that it's anything to be proud of, £9,855 over 30days for my business landline...effing AT&T!! that was international operator assisted calls, lol. But aside from that, next record would have to be my mobile's monthly 'overusage' :D hehe OUCH £400, still not a record for the mentioned £700 off radio1, lol. was interesting explaining to the tax man that landline bill :D:D:D lol

well my highest was approx £360 i was on holiday in houston and had been phoning my girlfriend never realised the cost, got home and recieved bill :eek: took me a while to pay off credit card.

usual cost around £35
i am now on contract and have unlimited texts, but only really send about 100 a month,

did you go to houston, TEXAS??? :D:D:D

I am on pay as you talk/go thingy - I tend to spend about £3 a month :p - I rarely text as anyone I want to text I can get hold of online just as easily and any calls I make tend to be quite quick.

im similar, on pay as you go and in normal use £10 can last me a couple of months, although i might go through £20 in a week if im away with work... darn obscene text message charges from abroad!!!

I top up (upto) £20 a month and get 1000 free texts and the £20 worth of calltime....could probably get a better deal if I looked but can't beat the convenience and one less DD to worry about every month!

Back