Anyone been to Fountains Abbey?

sue

Edit My Images
Yes
Considering a trip to Fountains abbey ( http://www.fountainsabbey.org.uk/ ), after Bolton Abbey wanting to do some more things like this. What do people think to it, when is the best time to go?

Looking at my off duty and days off, looks like either Wii weekend, which my husband tells me is not allowed, it will have to be after christmas and in the new year, so looking at the middle to end of january if any of you would want to come, more than welcome.

Yes! I have!

bum.jpg

Me and the missus went earlier this year when it was free! There`s lot to photograph and its a bit of a hike to cover everything.

Yeah I went on my own last year...but got there late in the day, so only had time to go round the Abbey itself. The grounds and surrounding attractions are plentiful though so you won't be short of things to shoot throughout the day.

I got these three

244160028_3db7431785.jpg

244160026_d1b24402e9.jpg

244160022_351537c515.jpg

Those are superb images Marcel. Perhaps you could also Photoshop in a ghostly apparition (headless of course).

I was thinking of going to Fountains Abbey a couple of weeks back and combining it with Studley Royal. Given I've now missed the Autumn colours I may wait until the first snowfall.

Ray

Had to look twice at your 2nd pic Marcel, sort of deja-vu-ish...:eek:

fountainsabbey2ik3.jpg

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Fountains Abbey earlier this year, we also went to Brinham Rocks too, which is fairly near to the Abbey and is well worth a visit too.

brinhamrocks5bw2rw0.jpg

I doubt if I'll be able to make this meet, but if there's one for Wales anytime next year then pencil me in :). Somewhere like Portmeirion CLICKY would be fantastic, you've not only got the unique Italianate village, but there is also the acres of gardens/woodlands (Y Gwyllt) and the fantastic beaches too.

Mike

Back