Anyone big on seaside astrophotography?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
In a few weeks we'e got a night with the family at oceans edge caravan Park in heysham. On the west coast near lancashire. I would imagine coastal astrophotography is good due to the lack of light . But on the west coast what kind of star structures would I expect? Would the Milky Way be visible or anything iconic?

In a few weeks we'e got a night with the family at oceans edge caravan Park in heysham. On the west coast near lancashire. I would imagine coastal astrophotography is good due to the lack of light . But on the west coast what kind of star structures would I expect? Would the Milky Way be visible or anything iconic?
As I understand it, it’s now the wrong time of the year to see / photograph the Milky Way.

Can’t really help you further but would be interested in any replies / advice as I was wondering similar though up in Northumberland...

As a frequent traveller to a dark sky part of Scotland, I'd love to know when is the best time of year for the Milky Way to be low in the sky/horizon. I've done a poke round the internet but not really found any definitive answers. Good luck OP

Being close to the sea or water can create a shimmering effect, so its best if you are a bit higher up, rather than at the water’s edge. So I understand!

Now is perhaps not the quite the best time to see the Milky Way but it is not bad. About 8pm the MW is a little south of west and cuts the horizon at a very steep angle. Looking on a map where you are going looks as if it could be a bit light polluted. A bit further south on the coast might be better.

Dave

Back