Anyone bought from 'The Digital Camera Shop' recently?

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I ordered an Arctic Butterfly sensor cleaner from The Digital Camera Shop about five or six weeks ago but it still hasn't arrived. They initially told me it was out of stock but 'due back in shortly', however they now aren't responding to emails (three last week) and I can't get past their recorded message by phone.

Has anybody else used them recently?

Cheers,
Flashy

I got a tripod from them about a year ago and they were really good then, I would send an e-mail stating you are about to reclaim if they don't contact you pronto. Hope you get it all sorted.

Can't find anything bad about them on the net, but I'd go ahead with the chargeback anyway.

OMG- seriously this company is the worst, i would immediately get a refund as soon as you could...there are other online co.'s out there that are just about same in price (some cheaper on certain products), so no worries in that dept. I placed a £750 order with them in mid Nov. 07 for some various studio equipment which I advised at the time was needed in my posession no later than 2nd of Jan. and all was A-okay according to their manager (always the same guy who answers the phone- IF he answers), as it was 'in stock' and would be sent within 2-3days....HA!!! My cheque was cashed about 10days after receipt, and from then I heard nothing. I sent about a dozen emails, NONE were replied to, I would call to enquire when it would be sent and left messages (called at least 5times a day)....but NO answers, ever. It was more than obvious that there was something fishy going on. They then caused an important shoot to be rescheduled by lying about their items being in-stock (okay fair enough maybe a mistake), but neglecting my requests for refunds was not on. He even said that a new shipment of the items i ordered were to arrive with them about a week after my cheque was cleared...so I thought great, but then that changed to an 'its been delayed further', which was the worst service, as i've bought from just about all online dealers selling studio equipment, and even when something wasn't in stock, they didn't mess around trying to 'buy time', etc. i was very relieved to get my cheque back!!! I really thought i would have to take it to claims court,....was a nightmare. the thing that got me a reply was a written letter sent to their postal address with notes on how it would be escalated to that.
had good contact been kept up on their end, i could have maybe believed their stock delay stories, but it just seems like it was all false when the contact was so shakey, and to be honest i think more like AVOIDED.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered an Arctic Butterfly sensor cleaner from The Digital Camera Shop about five or six weeks ago but it still hasn't arrived. They initially told me it was out of stock but 'due back in shortly', however they now aren't responding to emails (three last week) and I can't get past their recorded message by phone.

everything you've just mentioned is EXACTLY what i dealt with for months...was a TRUE nightmare, and caused serious worry. the recorded message, 'due back shortly' lines to buy time, no kept contact...all classic signs of either a SERIOUSLY bad business or a soon to be bust one.

YIKES! Sounds like you had a real bad time from them, Hottie, it's awful to be treated like that, they should be ashamed!

Coincidentally (perhaps :cautious:) I've just had a reply to my emails saying it's just come back into stock and will be sent today... Hmmmm, I'll wait and see. If it's true then still no excuse for not replying to my emails or phone calls I reckon.

If it still doesn't arrive then I believe I have redress from the CC company under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act even if the retailer does go bust. I also have 120 days to do it so I'm not particuarly worried.... just bloomin' annoyed! :bat:

Thanks for all the replies... you lot are great! :love:

Flashy

Well, believe it or not, it actually arrived today! :)

I won't retract my criticism of the retailer though, appalling communication. Ignored my emails and they never did reply to my telephone messages. I'll look elsewhere in future.

Nice product though, just tested it and am impressed with the result. I'll put up a mini review soon.

Thanks all,
Flashy

I believe they didn't go belly up, they were bought by Amazon (I think).

Moving to Shopping forum :)

I have dealt with DCC quite a few times now and found them to be great, it helps that I only live 10 miles away from them should I get any trouble but so far I have never.

They are only a small firm and there shop is busy if you do nip in, but I have ordered most of mine and it normally turns up a few days later.

They are rubbish at returning calls mind you, but genuinly honest traders that are getting harder and harder to find nowaday.

I would use then again.

They cancelled my 40D purchase very quickly and hung onto the money for a while which annoyed me somewhat.

Back