Anyone confine all their workflow on a tablet.

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone here keep their PP to a minimum?

Do you just shoot jpegs?

What tablets are people using, anything less than an iPad Pro?

I've used a few tablets over the last 3-4 years with varying degrees of success.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 for a while (top end Android Tablet) and found it to be fine with JPEG's but it wasn't particularly great for RAW edits, that said Lightroom CC Mobile looks better on Android now that it was back then.

Last year I picked up an iPad Pro 12.9 (Second Gen) and almost all of my editing switched to that, yes its a bit of a pain for file management and actually importing but Lightroom CC is good and Affinity Photo can all but replace Lightroom.

Currently iPad-less but using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 6, its great but then its basically a laptop, I'll probably buy another iPad, its the best tablet for mobile editing.

Yes I could say that I keep pp to a minimum, in that I wouldn't want to spend time and effort just for the sake of it.

But on the other hand, it's all about what kind of result you're after. And certain results need more input - which means pp.

So I hardly shoot jpg at all, because I normally want maximum control over the result, this being part of the intent that makes an image personal (after vision, lighting and framing etc).

Pp is part of the deal.

I use a Wacom tablet computer on site, shooting RAW (of course) tethered with Capture One, and then edit with Photoshop.

From that I can provide fully processed / edited and complete photos on site.

Have a look at the mobile studio pros, they've just lowered some prices.

Back