Anyone deal with this Ebay supplier?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking through Ebay at a Canon 500mm f4 IS lens and cane across this seller called upg24uk. It seems to be well priced although some of his gear are older lenses (non is etc)

heres a link

thanks
John

Yes and it is a Woman who runs that. Had more than one account under many names.

Heavyweight seller with good 30 days return policy.

Has a reputation though, if you dig deep enough into the internet you can find stories of negative feedback vanishing from the accounts etc.

Cant remember if there was worse than that but i always thought the return policy is so good that if not happy just send it back for refund.

alldigital0869, the Photographer's Bag, tpbonline, photodecor to name a few

I don't like these resell operations. I in fact had nasty experience with the seller 15 years ago and never bought used gear from business account ever since. The operation has changed name at least 3 times. I wonder why. I would inspect such item in person before parting with money, but I doubt it's going to happen with this one

Edit: I did in fact have an experience of pc resellers. It resulted in totally wasted trip to London as it turns out they sell ewaste.

Last edited:
I don't like these resell operations. I in fact had nasty experience with the seller 15 years ago and never bought used gear from business account ever since. The operation has changed name at least 3 times. I wonder why. I would inspect such item in person before parting with money, but I doubt it's going to happen with this one
I have to agree with you also,but was curious as the price looked good and wondered of it was a scam as I seen another 500 the other day for a buy it now of £1600,the auction was pulled two hours later,I suspected it was a scam or someone fell for it.

I am kicking tyres at the moment but would prefer to try it on the camera before purchase.

I have to agree with you also,but was curious as the price looked good and wondered of it was a scam as I seen another 500 the other day for a buy it now of £1600,the auction was pulled two hours later,I suspected it was a scam or someone fell for it.

I am kicking tyres at the moment but would prefer to try it on the camera before purchase.

I bet you the lens is real. The big problem with these is servicing as canon won't touch them now and no more parts being sold since I believe 2018. I would absolutely want to make sure it performs well, particularly is and usm units and nothing loose inside or signs of mould. I would realy hate having to deal with the returns of such heavy and expensive item on what they might claim questionable grounds.

I have to say it's a bit too cheap if you are business selling for profit unless desperate times and cashflow problems

IIRC some time ago The Photographers Bag was selling some lenses as being in good working condition that were clearly not, based on the images shown (visible damage). I would be wary

If it looks like a pig, smells like a hippo and only sounds like a duck it probably isn’t a duck.

IIRC some time ago The Photographers Bag was selling some lenses as being in good working condition that were clearly not, based on the images shown (visible damage). I would be wary
I have to say I bought a 17-70 (I think) EFS lens that is prone to having a particular issue with the ribbon cable and as soon as I mounted the lens it threw up the error, so I'm sceptical that it hadn't been noticed. On the plus side, the return and refund was straight forward.

Back