Anyone else having problems with Alamy?I

chris321

I like the ginger one
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to get through the initial quality control test by Alamy (the first submission was rejected). Anyway, I uploaded a new batch, and at first it said "Awaiting QC - Average wait time 37 hours" or something, however now it just says "Awaiting QC". This was 6 days ago now, does anyone know what's up?!

Chris

Thanks a lot, it's gone through now, I was just wondering why it had changed from "37 hours" to an unspecified amount of time. Ah well, they've been rejected now anyway!

2 of them don't have a reason for being rejected though, should I expect it to come up eventually, or will I never know why they weren't accepted?!

Chris

It means 2 are OK but the other 2 are not.

Alamy are very strict about interpolation so be careful when upsizing

Thanks a lot, it's gone through now, I was just wondering why it had changed from "37 hours" to an unspecified amount of time. Ah well, they've been rejected now anyway!

2 of them don't have a reason for being rejected though, should I expect it to come up eventually, or will I never know why they weren't accepted?!

Chris

It takes that long for them to "process them into the system", then about 2 weeks for somebody to manually inspect them. As part of their new rules, you submit 4 images, all must pass- and they only tell you the reason that images failed, so 2 will have passed!

Back