Anyone else played with OOB

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondered if anyone else had used a transport themed photo for experimenting with Out of Border processing?

086.jpg

unlike you, i lack the skill and imagination

that is brilliant! :)
it makes me feel 15 again :D

Last edited:
i would imagine thats not going to be to everyones taste, i think it looks cool though wish i had the skills to create something like that

looks very 1986 as per the car . instantly reminds me of AHA take on me video which a quick google brought up 1984. very retro, love it.

always fancied a go at this ....hows it done if you dont mind me asking?

That's very clever.

I know it's not very good , but I knocked this up in a couple on minutes. I may find a better image and have a proper go at the weekend.

IMG_3936-1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
would have been better if the oars came out also.........so hows this done ......I have never done it

I used this tutorial to create this, which is nowhere as good nas the OP. Was my first (and only, so far) time, and I'm not very good with PS

3652009604_3a8dddae63_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Scarecrow. I'm pleased with it, for my first go. But as said, it's not a patch on yours. Mine is just a basic OOB, your is so much more elaborate, with the overall processing of the whole image, and down to the small details, like the shadow under the front of the car. Excellent work!!

That looks awesome, how long did it take you?

And in the bottom right corner of the "paper", are the flowers intentionally coloured?

Thats very cool, thanks for the tutorial link, I will certainly have a go too!

Just wondered if anyone else had used a transport themed photo for experimenting with Out of Border processing?

I think that's excellent, only very slightly let down by the bottom right hand corner photo which is still in colour and not truly aligned with the rest.

One of the best examples I've seen in a long time though! (y)

The flowers in the bottom right are part of the original photo. I agree that the conversion would look better if they were cloned out. Will have to go away and sort it out.

Hi there,

Remember trying this ages ago and messing it up completely.

The link to the guide you have posted is superb, and really easy to follow.

I have had another go after seeing this thread and ended up with this one: -

Drayson1.jpg

C&C welcome.

Regards

Tim

Last edited:
Back