Anyone find it difficult making time for photography?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
About three years ago I took redundancy from my job and decided to study photography. I have completed my studies and converted my garage into a small studio and instead of jumping into chasing clients I took another job to get a regular wage again. Now I'm kind of stuck with the whole not being able to put in the time to build up a client base as I'm busy working and spending free time with my family. It's doing my head in. I have just invested in tons if baby props and I have a school that I shoot for but giving up work will hit me hard. Trying to find a job part time that suits is proving difficult also. I have begun thinking about purchasing a taxi and running this at times that suit but it's a big outlay and I'm really not sure it's something I want to do.

Any of you guys faced similar challenges and did you manage to overcome them?

The only way is to take the leap. that said, would what your thinking of doing make you any cash? I am not sure, my dad looked at baby and portrait stuff a while back, and considering there would be zero risk as the kit and an entire studio is aleard there, it just didn’t seem worth the time. Photography as a business is 70% none photography and hard work in the first few years, my dad dint have a holiday for seven years! Write a business plan, let someone who knows there stuff pull it apart, you can be too emotionally attached to the idea which is a bad thing.

I'm not even after making a ton of dough. I make a modest wage now and it suits me just fine so it's not necessarily something I need I just would prefer doing something I enjoy. I wouldn't mind working part time also but most of the jobs advertised are weekend or evening and this isn't ideal. I'll work it out it's just frustrating.
The only way is to take the leap. that said, would what your thinking of doing make you any cash? I am not sure, my dad looked at baby and portrait stuff a while back, and considering there would be zero risk as the kit and an entire studio is aleard there, it just didn’t seem worth the time. Photography as a business is 70% none photography and hard work in the first few years, my dad dint have a holiday for seven years! Write a business plan, let someone who knows there stuff pull it apart, you can be too emotionally attached to the idea which is a bad thing.

Back