Anyone goin to Silverstone next week ??

Matt will be the one with a black Lowe pro rucksack with several other large attachments hanging off in various places, look for the large monster that is a Sigma 500mm lens or the seemingly more common 100-400L lens. The Sigma are not that common and hard to miss so you had better keep your fingers crossed that he choses to use that on the day.

Oih you shouldn't be talking about my monster, leave that to the missus. :)

Its actually slightly larger than 500mm by another 300mm.

I'll be with the Patrick Stewart look-alike.

Matt said:
Oih you shouldn't be talking about my monster, leave that to the missus. :)

Its actually slightly larger than 500mm by another 300mm.

You know what they say about people who boast about size ;)

Matt said:
I'll be with the Patrick Stewart look-alike.

Thats the good looking man who is well respected by his staff and crew. Say no more 8)

Oh for everybodies info, the circuit closes between 1 and 2 i think, they had a burger van and a F1 shop thing selling shirts and memoribilia etc, theres not a bad pub a couple miles up the road, just off the a43! most of the teams go in there ! lol

i told you all, wear a daffadil!
I hope youall have a good day, if i hadnt been covering holidays, i would have come along too

Well I am leaving now so somebody had better get the drinks in :LOL:

Hopefully the weather will be ok for us all, see you down there gents, camera in one hand and a brolly in the other :)

well,
i got there at 9.30, stood on the apex of Luffield complex, about as close as you cna get to the track there, pegged out my space and poked the lens over the wire ,

took around 240 odd pics, so i might get one good one out of it,
i left at 1pm,

great event and the weather was kind from around 10.30 onwards

didnt see anyone else from here tho

MP

Nope we were there ! On the apex of the luffield complex, Matt with his hoooooooooooge 800mm Prime Sigma lens resting on the fence ! would have been hard to miss ! :)

Met both Steve and Matt, and spent the day taking about 350 pics ! lol sun, rain, the works ! Im just about to download mine and have a look, Steve and Matt will be 2 or 3 hours getting home ! :)

Have to thank Steve for letting me use his 70-200 L :) first time L glass has been on the camera ! cant wait to see what the pics look like ! :)

IanC_UK said:
Nope we were there ! On the apex of the luffield complex, Matt with his hoooooooooooge 800mm Prime Sigma lens resting on the fence ! would have been hard to miss ! :)

Met both Steve and Matt, and spent the day taking about 350 pics ! lol sun, rain, the works ! Im just about to download mine and have a look, Steve and Matt will be 2 or 3 hours getting home ! :)

Have to thank Steve for letting me use his 70-200 L :) first time L glass has been on the camera ! cant wait to see what the pics look like ! :)

i did aproach a bunch of ladz that i felt might be the ones, quite early this was, the one chap had a red n white F1 jacket on , and a ' large ' lad with a bald head and a baseball cap resting his lens on a beige fleece on the fence, they were with two other ladz,
i aske if they were from the photography forums, but they said no

so hey-ho, lol

MP

Did you guys stay at Luffield or did you go into the paddock/pits?

We got into the pits and managed to get our hands on the pit boards, got a cracker of my mate with a 'Ralf In' sign!

Not initially, but you can buy a day pass at the Silverstone Racing Club

MyPix said:
i did aproach a bunch of ladz that i felt might be the ones, quite early this was, the one chap had a red n white F1 jacket on , and a ' large ' lad with a bald head and a baseball cap resting his lens on a beige fleece on the fence, they were with two other ladz,
i aske if they were from the photography forums, but they said no

so hey-ho, lol

MP

Nope we werent they, i had a blue subaru rally team jacket on until it got too hot !

I got a pic of Steve looking through the 800mm lens but i think i would get banned from the site if i put it up ! lol

MyPix said:
a ' large ' lad with a bald head

Digital Failure said Steve was a Fat Bald bloke, so i would have gone over too :LOL:

Ahh and so my mystery continues, some say I am fat some say I am skinny :wink:

I had a great day at Silverstone and must say thanks to Matt and Ian for the great company and for making the day. I'll have a look at the pictures tomorrow and see what I have managed to capture.

EosD said:
Digital Failure said Steve was a Fat Bald bloke, so i would have gone over too :LOL:

Eh :shock: :?: :shock:

I've met Judith and would hardly describe as fat. Bald :LOL: maybe and Bloke.......now thats pushing it too far :LOL:

Back