Anyone going to Formula E London?

Edit My Images
No
Looks like a real photographic challenge this one - probably high fencing throughout.

Last few tickets available for Sunday.

I look forward to seeing photos.

I'm off to the FOS on Friday and can't get inspired enough to go to see these things, a few people on here captured some great shots when they were testing at Donny earlier in the year , I do hope it's a successfull event.

Thinking about going tommorow. Anyone going today can they share some images if they get a chance and recommend some good vantage points. Thanks.

I've watched a few races on TV coverage and I must say, most of the time, I'm struggling to get exited about it - perhaps it's much better being there...

I'm watching now and I'm struggling too...I can just hear some dying cats screaming...

I'm watching now and I'm struggling too...I can just hear some dying cats screaming...
Starts watching it, boring tight circuit, whining cars, they can't do a full race and swap cars.

I love Motorsport, any Motorsport, and even I turned over.

Looks like the circuit was pretty impractical for amateur photographers, completely fenced and few vantage points I could see.

Watched qualifying on tv this afternoon,and wasn't overly impressed by the track or the cars.
Doubt it will last more than a year or two at most.

Watched qualifying on tv this afternoon,and wasn't overly impressed by the track or the cars.
Doubt it will last more than a year or two at most.

You'd be surprised. The cars are very impressive in the flesh and there were 60,000 people there today. These are 1st generation cars too. The tracks need work.

You'd be surprised. The cars are very impressive in the flesh and there were 60,000 people there today. These are 1st generation cars too. The tracks need work.
Seeing the cars up close might make an impression.With that said,I'll try and keep an open mind when I watch the race on Sunday,but no promises :p

Is it being broadcast ?

There's more sexy stuff where that came from. Is anyone REALLY, REALLY good at photoshop? ;)

To be fair the panning and focus is absolutely bang on, not easy when that close. Would have been nice without the fence!

I was there Sunday, I guess sound_system didn't find the pit-lane in-road which was free of fencing and you could stand right next to:

From the stands there were some decent shots available, with a steady hand:

The podium was excellent, set-up in the main fan-zone so everyone could see it, rather than just the media and highest paying fans.

Obviously a bit of a crush, but could get reasonably close:

Hopefully next year they will use a different venue to provide some variation.

I took my son and was disappointed by the view from raised but overcrowded platform. The one next to ours had a screen - we didn't. Same price, afaik - so just totally random facilities. No chance of decent photos from where we were. Won't be rushing back.

Back