Anyone good at designing watermarks?

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
I dont want anything amazing, just something a little different to this...

120109.jpg

Thats it. The little green thing in the corner. I just use this for my 365, but it would be nice to have something a bit more eye catching. Alas, I have no imagination :(

Dont anyone go breaking their necks for me, but if you have any good ideas, please enlighten me :)

*hugs*

I dont want anything amazing, just something a little different to this...

120109.jpg

Thats it. The little green thing in the corner. I just use this for my 365, but it would be nice to have something a bit more eye catching. Alas, I have no imagination :(

Dont anyone go breaking their necks for me, but if you have any good ideas, please enlighten me :)

*hugs*

What about your sig, with a transparent bg instead of black?

I have no idea how to make myself a watermark but would like one. Can anyone give any pointers on how to make one that i can apply to the corners of all my images.

Thanks

I use Jalbum for my 'Client Gallery' (with password access) and the watermark that Jalbum provides is great... it's like it is embossed on the image. Sorry Dee, not much help to you but it's worth looking at in case it's the sort of effect you might like. The someone a lot cleverer than me could suggest how to achieve the look LOL.

I have no idea how to make myself a watermark but would like one. Can anyone give any pointers on how to make one that i can apply to the corners of all my images.

Thanks

What software are you using?

All I did was choose a font I liked and made it into a png image with a transparent BG.

LewisCraik-Ma5daRacing-DoningtonPark-00024354.jpg

I've got a transparent file with my watermark, one black version & one white and I've got 8 actions in photoshop which put the watermark in one corner of the image (top lefyt, top right, bottom left, bottom right) - 4 for each colour.

It puts the watermark on a new layer - so I can adjust transparency if needed. And works for portrait & landscape. :)

now personally, I wouldn't call that a watermark but a signature. For me a watermark should just be visible and across the middle of the image. :)

What software are you using?

All I did was choose a font I liked and made it into a png image with a transparent BG.

I suppose i am after something similar to that. I have photoshop CS3. Is there someway of doing a batch of photo's with the watermark/signature in the same corner on all of the photo's?

I suppose i am after something similar to that. I have photoshop CS3. Is there someway of doing a batch of photo's with the watermark/signature in the same corner on all of the photo's?

See post #9, I'm using Lightroom and Mogrify

(For stuff that is more liable to get copied, the watermark goes in the centre ;) )

might need tweaking

120109.jpg

I'm not too keen on watermarks as a whole for myself. But I fully understand other people wanting to use them.

I had a little play around for you Dee. I've saved it so that it can be re sized and the intensity adjusted to suit your image. If you want it let me know ;)

Edit: Photobucket seems to have made it a little jagged :shrug:

dee.jpg

I find if the watermark is at the bottom or top of the picture then customers will often make do with a print out and cut off the signature.

I go for a mark in the middle, but hate my current one, as it is too in your face. But so many customers dont mind printing from the internet (it's becoming the norm) so I lose out on print sales. I think folks are also very happy with mobile phone pics now as well especially at weddings and events and the days of print sales are perhaps numbered.

See my facebook page for examples, as i cant get them to link here

Which do you want, a watermark to stop people stealing images....or a signature?
If it's a signature, I advise simple, clear and concise. Something people will see, be instantly able to read, and remember....

Which do you want, a watermark to stop people stealing images....or a signature?
If it's a signature, I advise simple, clear and concise. Something people will see, be instantly able to read, and remember....

Forgot about this thread, sorry guys!

Marcel, sorry... guess its a sig I am after! Loving the attempts so far, Ill take Marcels advice and have a go myself, otherwise I might be asking to borrow ideas again :D

I like that, is that a little bird over the Y? Nice touch :)

Back