Anyone got a Galaxy s2 yet?

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
I'm just wondering if any of you have got one? They only seem to be available at carphone warehouse and phones 4 u. I am due an upgrade quite soon, but vodafone still don't have it on stock yet. It also says on my early upgrade that I would have to have it on a £40 contract :puke: Phones 4 u have got it on voda for £30= 300 mins 3k txt and 500mb data. But I can't upgrade with them yet and I really want a new phone!

Battery life is very good coupled with the fact that you can get spare ones. Im coming from the iphone 3gs and its much much better. Its taking a while to get used to android tho.
A full charge will last a full day with fairly heavy use which is a great leap forward.
No complaints re quality of calls either and not used the camera much, just a couple of snaps but it seems very impressive at first glance. Have put one shot straight onto comp with no pp and it is rather good when compared with my old phone. Slightly soft but i haven't had time to fully test yet.
Hope that helps a bit.

I've just had a play with the S2 (I have a galaxy S) and it is a remarkably good phone.

Battery life is extendable to a couple of days using JuiceDefender. The screen is phenominally good and speedwise the phone is a pleasure to use too.

My contract is up in a couple of months, I might get one then.

Hope the GPS works better than the useless one on my Galaxy S...but I doubt it sadly!

Had no problems as yet. Got it from Phones4u on Vodafone as it was the only place that had it. I was sick of orange anyway so changed network. 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500 mb.

Last edited:
I have an S2 on O2 and it is a brilliant phone, joy to use, loads of features, very fast and the camera is really good too. Battery is needing to be charged everyday at the moment because I just can't put it down but I'm sure under normal use it will be pretty good. ;)

Another thumbs up from me, first android phone and its a stunning piece of kit, android store is greatIt is so light weight, really though it would be a pain due to its size in the pocket, but no problems.
Just got a slicon surround (£3 off amazon)and its taking everything I can throw at it.

the gorilla glass screen is amazing too from what I have seen of it.
I could do with a decent car mount if anyone has any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm so you can upgrade early? Theydaid I can't when I asked...

I was surprised too. The options were on line upgrade, where the deals were too expensive. Then we contacted them again and they said I could do the upgrade in store, but the vodafone store could not offer anything decent without me taking extras for the 1st month and then cancelling them. They also would charge for the s2! Spoke to customer services and they couldn't do any deals, so decided to go into carphone warehouse and got the upgrade.

If you are with vodafone, go direct to this pop in your details and it gives you all the dates, how many days left, upgrade options etc.

Back