Anyone got a Pentax K200D?

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
My Dad bought one of the above and had a/f issues, in fact the autofocus packed up within a day and he took the camera back.
While it was working though, he got some good shots, but says many of them ( landscape / distance shots ) were slightly out of focus unless he used the macro setting.
Now, he is pondering whether to get a replacement but worries about image sharpness.
Does anybody have one of these cameras, if so, is image sharpness / a/f an issue?
Allan

Might be worth asking the same question on one of the Pentax forums. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention any, but I've always found this one to a good source of all things Pentax : http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/

Mention as many as you like!

If the af packed up completely and was faulty then I wouldn't take the af performance of that camera as indicative of a non-faulty camera. Check web reviews like dpreview for what they say about af accuracy (They may not have the 200d reviewed yet but it will probably be similar to their other recent slrs).

I realise it was a fault but the intermittant poor focus and the a/f packing up problems could have been a coincidence, I was really after a real account from a Pentax owner, though, I realise now this question would best be directed to a Pentax forum.
Why I asked was that I read a review of either the Pentax K20D or the similar Samsung model, and there was "still" an issue with the a/f.
My Dad wanted to buy this camera because it has anti shake built in the camera, and at 85, he needs all the anti shake help he can get!
Allan

mxfun's got one I think, not seen him for a while though

Back