Anyone got a Ricoh GR then?

I keep looking at them but I doubt they will offer any more function than the 3 Sigmas I had and from what I have read the IQ isn't as good so although I feel like gassing on one I probably shouldn't
I agree but the ricoh is so customisable and love the idea of snap focus for street stuff..

You offered it up for swaps so not that much... ;)
Only to ease the burden of parting with more cash..was just to appease the mrs if I am honest! She doesnt understand why I would need two cameras..lol

I keep looking at them but I doubt they will offer any more function than the 3 Sigmas I had and from what I have read the IQ isn't as good so although I feel like gassing on one I probably shouldn't

Ultimate IQ isn't as good as the Sigmas (not much is) but usability is a zillion times better. The GR is small, feels great in the hand, is very customisable, has a great lens, decent sensor and is very well made. The battery lasts more than 30 shots too (that's why I binned the DP2M). 28/35/47mm crop-modes, snap focus and Ricoh's implementation of auto iso are all very handy for me.

Very true Paul..I do miss my merrils but for some situations I just wouldnt get the shot.As you say may lose a little on image quality but usability looks fantastic from what I have seen.Nearly everything on the camera can be customised and as I say the snap focus looks superb.
Oh and I had 70 shots from my battery :p

Ultimate IQ isn't as good as the Sigmas (not much is) but usability is a zillion times better. The GR is small, feels great in the hand, is very customisable, has a great lens, decent sensor and is very well made. The battery lasts more than 30 shots too (that's why I binned the DP2M). 28/35/47mm crop-modes, snap focus and Ricoh's implementation of auto iso are all very handy for me.

you sir, have just been put on my wifes hitlist :runaway:

Don't listen to me, I'm a bit of a Ricoh zealot. I've got a GR1s, GRD, GXR, and GR and use them all. Camera come and go for me (a bit too frequently according to my bank manager) but the Ricohs stick.

Yes. It's instant. You can be set up for autofocus but if you don't want to risk missing a shot, just press all the way and the camera grabs the photo at your preset distance. I set it to 2m. makes sense when you do it.

you sir, have just been put on my wifes hitlist :runaway:

You should just get over to the classifieds and buy mine ;)

I really enjoyed mine - but if the camera IQ isn't as good as my 5dm3, then I'll keep picking up the 5dm3 regardless of the size benefits

isn't the gr tiny compaired to 5dm3?
the focus on the gr is way faster than on the sigmas

:banana::DMine arrived this morning,only had a brief play with it but cant believe just how customisable it actually is! Just been trying out the snap focus and very impressed. Lighter than I thought but still feels well made. Mmm think my eos m may gather dust so need to decide wether to move it on or keep hold of it.:confused:

where are the test shots mister?
:oops: :$ Only had a brief play and dont think the other half would appreciate the ones of her putting the washing out and a few shots of boring household objects.Spent most my time going through menus etc setting it up.Its a cracking bit of kit and dream to use.:cool:

the little cutouts on the end with the contacts might be different, the sigma's need a larger gap, so a sigma battery may work in the gr, but not the other way round

In all honesty I have to say the GR is superb as an all rounder may not have image quality of a merrill (although very very impressive) but everything else is just right..I loved my rx100 but this takes its place as my favourite non dslr camera I have owned!

Back