Anyone got an F6

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a look at an F5 at the York convention and then had a play with one later hoping to buy one at some point. Then whilst researching it I came across the F6 which is basically a great looking outfit. Small, I would rather loose the grip on film, the memory so you effectively get EXIF data. etc etc.

Has anyone got or had one, what are they like in reality. Very rare that they come up on ebay with one recently going for over a grand with a grip etc.

Played with one at Focus last year

Handles bit like a D2, same body I think, feels heavy and solid and balances in the hand like a dream.

You can buy them new from Grays Of Westminister £1700 or £1900 with grip, and a boxed used one for £1200.

:bang: wish I had bought one when they first came out as it was not much more than I paid for the Nikon F4s body some 15 years ago.

Played with one at Focus last year

Handles bit like a D2, same body I think, feels heavy and solid and balances in the hand like a dream.

You can buy them new from Grays Of Westminister £1700 or £1900 with grip, and a boxed used one for £1200.

:bang: wish I had bought one when they first came out as it was not much more than I paid for the Nikon F4s body some 15 years ago.

As the best 35mm film camera ever made or likely to be made (in a lot of peoples opinion) it is already a classic. It is just SOOOO expensive for the use I would be able to give it.

Stick with the F5, bodies are far far cheaper, £200 or so on fleabay.

I am going to get an F5 but would love an F6.

I have a list of things to get first though........

I'd rather have an F3...posted elsewhere on a similar subject...

They do go for much less than £1200 normally :)

Yes I suppose you are all right. I am probably going to just get an F5 :LOL:

I do like the F5 when out and taking pictures in market places and such like, if you're going to stick a camera in someones face then make it a big one ;)

There again I'm a big bloke so it looks like a normal size camera on me compared to a lot of people.

I agree the F6 is overpriced and a F5 is a much better deal. For those who don't appreciate the size of the F5, there is the F100, which is almost the same camera.
In fact I already had all the (film) models from the Nikon professional series, except the F6.
My favourite is the F2 AS. It's a true classic and it'll last forever.
Unfortunately they aren't cheap and are getting more expensive every day.

So no-one actually owns an F6 then...?

We all still rate the F3, 4 and 5 as better cameras (for different reasons) and would get an F100 if pushed into a non-motorised body?

So no-one actually owns an F6 then...?

We all still rate the F3, 4 and 5 as better cameras (for different reasons) and would get an F100 if pushed into a non-motorised body?

Not yet :cautious: :LOL:

I would love to get an F6 I think it handles better (and is lighter) than the F5 however I would not trade my F4 for one because to me the F4 is the pinical of camera design and handleing :love:

Not yet :cautious: :LOL:

I would love to get an F6 I think it handles better (and is lighter) than the F5 however I would not trade my F4 for one because to me the F4 is the pinical of camera design and handleing :love:

ooh no... the Pinnacle of design and handling is the D3, trying to get it converted to accept HP5 is going to cost me, though...lol

Seriously, if the F100 is as ergonomic as the F5 but lighter, I might start keeping an eye open for one...

Back