Anyone got any Perseid plans this year?

Just checked the weather and tonight looks the clearest. We've just arrived in Weymouthish today so me and the boy are heading out tonight! Milky Way at least fingers crossed!

The plans are simple, check the cloud cover Tuesday night. Swear & go read/watch TV...
Or just possibly head for a dark spot on the coast about 15 miles from here and try to capture some images.
Recent form suggests about a 99% chance i won't get beyond the first line.

I read 12-13th is the best time, is it a bit earlier?

OK - will look at how the cloud cover is, thanks (y)

Either head to the marsh about 5 minutes away or try further in land about 30 mins away that’s quite out the way. As has been said if the cloud looks thicker I’ll just have a cuppa and off to bed.

Saw one good one tonight.

I had reasonably clear skies on Tuesday night, so headed out, with my younger son, to a spot 5-10 miles away where more sky is visible than from our driveway. We didn't see a single meteor in over an hour, but I think my camera picked up one. Despite the rural location without a village within 2 miles the degree of sky glow was alarming.

I didn't get any perseids but did get some lightning :)

The only other time I remember successfully capturing a Perseid was a couple of years ago at my Brothers place (very rural mid France)
I actually caught some distant lightning in the same shot! :banana:
shooting star + lightning by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

I had reasonably clear skies on Tuesday night, so headed out, with my younger son, to a spot 5-10 miles away where more sky is visible than from our driveway. We didn't see a single meteor in over an hour, but I think my camera picked up one. Despite the rural location without a village within 2 miles the degree of sky glow was alarming.

The only other time I remember successfully capturing a Perseid was a couple of years ago at my Brothers place (very rural mid France)
I actually caught some distant lightning in the same shot! :banana:
shooting star + lightning by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

thats lovely

its so far out it looks intentional :p
Well I could claim to have used 'Dutch tilt' because of my Dads nationality (he was Dutch even though I was 5 before he first visited Holland) but it was probably just me put the camera down on a table facing roughly the right way.

Back