Anyone have the Google Pixel Slate? How do you find it?

Name
Shane
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya All,

Does anyone have the Google Pixel Slate?

If so, what spec - and how do you find it?

Cheers,
Shane :)

Every review I've ever read about it absolutely slates it. Watching some YouTube reviews of it the lag and general performance seems horrible. I think for the price you'd have to pay there are better options, either a dedicated laptop, a Microsoft Surface Pro or an iPad Pro

I think the initial reviewers were complaining about lag when showing all open windows/tabs, and trying to move them around. Google have acknowledged this, and the latest builds of the OS were meant to resolve this. Also there are reports that it was the Celeron models that seemed to get this issue the most.

This issue is my biggest concern, so hence the request for actual users to let me know how they are finding the device. I believe the i5 models seem to be pretty much the best bang for buck.

I’m currently using an 12.9” iPad Pro 2017 for my needs - and it is perfect except for a strange bug in the website software I use (PixelRights).

I will no doubt stick with the iPad, but would love to know more about the Pixel Slate experience.

Ta :)

I took a look at the Pixel Slate when it came out but didn't buy as it did suffer from a lot of "slating" but the latest Chrome OS updates seem to have resolved a lot of the slowness (and the low end Celeron one was just too weedy).

Personally I think I'd rather spend less on a Chromebook - the Asus C434 is the replacement for the much liked C302 and its only £600.

I've just bought an Android Tablet for media and movies (Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e) and its great for that but I think I'd rather a Laptop Form factor for productivity type stuff.

look at the Samsung Pro S windows tablet, I bought one used off here and it is epic.
only 4gb of ram and 128gb onboard SSD storage but it has a great screen and zips along for surfing and general stuff.

Back