Anyone here on strike tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office of national statistics

http://www.significancemagazine.org...s-private-sector--which-really-pays-more.html

Note if you get past the headline of overall more, those with degree on average 5.7% less.

Care to give me the link at the office of national statistics - not a article with a dead link? A search for that article doesn;'t resolve anything at the ofice of national statistics.

As I previously said: Lord Hutton inquiry into the pay and conditions, the policy exchange and others all came to the same conclusion, that public sector pay is higher and that significant reforms will need to be made to limit job losses. It's just not an endless pot.

Last edited:
So - taking the headline figures that you suggested glossing over:

The average public sector employee earns 7.88% more than the average private sector employee

Their pension on average is 3 or more times better.

Unemployment is at a 17 year high meaning a higher cost per worker for all of the public sector pensions

Most Private sector workers have not (generally) had payrises since 2008.

Private sector workers work an average longer week.

Most private sector companies have already done their cost cutting, wage reduction, pension cutting.

And this strike is about keeping all these lovely benefits when the country cant afford them.

And some people are saying that its selfish to back these cuts?

How about doing a poll of everyone on here and get them to state the sector and annual salary.
That should paint a pretty obvious picture (assuming no one lies)! :D

me and everyone i know in the private sector has had wage rises since 2008, i don't understand where that comes from, it's the public sector that have had wage freezes isn't it?

I agree with Joe :cautious:

;)

Joe - to be honest unless you can back that up with data i dont believe you. The majority of private sector workers have had their wages frozen since 2008 - although things are getting better now.

Anyway - argue the rest of the points please!

Last edited:
Joe - to be honest unless you can back that up with data i dont believe you. The majority of private sector workers have had their wages frozen since 2008 - although things are getting better now.

Anyway - argue the rest of the points please!

so hang on?

you are telling me that I'm lying that my wage has increased every year for the last 6 years?

Firstly, why would I lie, and secondly, what do i need to show you? My payslip?

because of comments like this one

me and everyone i know in the private sector has had wage rises since 2008, i don't understand where that comes from, it's the public sector that have had wage freezes isn't it?

Joe - I've said several times on here, we had 10% paycut to keep our jobs after half the staff were made redundant 3 years ago and no payrises since! (note: private sector) That's really not unusual. A lot of comanies staff took paycuts to keep their jobs three years ago and payrises have been minimal, if any since

Meanwhile, as I also posted before, the nurses signed a 3 year pay deal for nearly 8%, the teachers have had 2,3-2.5% a year, our council workers got between 1.5 and 3%.

But as you're not prepared to listen to reason, which seems to sum up the whole public sector position, I'm giving up even trying.

Last edited:
Joe - I've said several times on here, we had 10% paycut to keep our jobs after half the staff were made redundant 3 years ago and no payrises since! (note: private sector) That's really not unusual. A lot of comanies staff took paycuts to keep their jobs three years ago and payrises have been minimal, if any since

Meanwhile, as I also posted before, the nurses signed a 3 year pay deal for nearly 8%, the teachers have had 2,3-2.5% a year, our council workers got between 1.5 and 3%.

But as you're not prepared to listen to reason, which seems to sum up the whole public sector position, I'm giving up even trying.

Why not get a job as a teacher? Gold plated pensions, 13 weeks holiday and it's easy compared to private sector:p

Also worth noting that in times of boom, private sector wages overall are higher than public, just in tough economic times the average wage has slipped behind public, but it will go past again, predictions are 2014 that it will be even again.

so hang on?

you are telling me that I'm lying that my wage has increased every year for the last 6 years?

Firstly, why would I lie, and secondly, what do i need to show you? My payslip?

Avoiding it all again? No - I'm sure you have - what about the "everyone I know"?

That's the usual sweeping statement again

You have no idea the irony of this statement.

I work in the private sector!!!!!!! And have said so many many times in this thread. :LOL:

Avoiding it all again? No - I'm sure you have - what about the "everyone I know"?

That's the usual sweeping statement again

So now I have to get payslips for all my friends working in the private sector?

:shrug:

Or I'm a liar?

because of comments like this one

Everyone in the last 2 companies I've worked for haven't had a cost of living increase since 2008. That's 35,000 people that I know of.

There seems to be a lot of "everyone I know" coming from you.

Everyone in the last 2 companies I've worked for haven't had a cost of living increase since 2008. That's 35,000 people that I know of.

There seems to be a lot of "everyone I know" coming from you.

Let me rephrase, everyone I know well enough to know what they earn in the private sector I know has had pay rises since 2008.

I don't know why I'm being a accused of being a liar

Last edited:
Actually I said I don't believe you and you then had to change your statement. Everyone you know in the private sector was what you said, which includes the milkman, postman, chap who fixes your car, etc etc etc

You then had to clarify which meant even you knew what you said was wrong

dont kill the thread, just clean out the crap, and kick some butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back