Beginner Anyone in the UK used www.e-infin.com

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm no photographer, but when I do need or want to take a photo I like it to be good. I'm embarrassed to say I'm still using a Canon 350D so figured it's about time I got something better.

I like the idea of the Sony A6000 for various reasons (I ride motorcycles so portability is a big plus and also I like the WiFi idea) and stumbled upon this website which at first glance looks too good to be true, everywhere else the A6000 is about £490 new, here it's £399:

http://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/2077...ital_camera_with_16-50mm_lens_black_(sel1650)

So before I spend out is this a legitimate site? I've read that maybe it's Hong King based so thought I'd have to pay import charges on top but then I read somewhere that it was within the EU so no import charges to UK? Has anyone here used them before?

Last edited:
They are definitely based in Hong Kong. Their terms and conditions of sale say that the law which governs their contracts of sale is that of HK.

Their website does not comply with UK consumer regulations. Their returns policy does not comply with UK consumer regulations. They do not publish their company registration number or their VAT registration number. They do not publish a UK address or phone number.

They say they ship from a UK warehouse but it seems curious that they can deliver to the US, Australia, and non-EU countries quicker than they can deliver to the UK.

If it looks too good to be true, it usually is...

I've just had an email from them saying:

Item will be dispatched from the UK and there won't be any taxes and duties to pay when it arrives.

And then this:

Since our items are imported from Asia, therefore you will not be able to receive official warranty.
It will only come with our 12 months seller warranty. You may send it back to us for repair or warranty service within the 1 year.

So I guess I need to decide whether me paying an extra £90 on a £400 item is worth having warranty with Sony rather than e-infinity

Just put Sony A6000 into Google and there are a few places doing it for less than £490, though a couple are even lower than the £399 you found so they are probably overseas too. WEX has it for £449. I've heard the name before but, sorry, I don't know anything about them.

Dave

I can't find it anywhere for less than £489 brand new and with kit lens (black).

Last edited:
Sorry RipGroove, I did not read the advert I saw carefully enough. The one WEX have at £449 is the A5000.

Dave

Last edited:
I look at that site and want to run a mile.

You have absolutely no idea who you are dealing with, nothing.

As soon as i see "top rated seller in the uk and Australia" my first thought is tiptop electronics/topend electronics/photovideo direct... does this mob have an office in bournemouth too ?

Last edited:
Yeah it's an odd one. Plenty of happy customers though if you look around. Think I'll go with Amazon or similar though to ensure a UK warranty.

on the tiptop thread he was buying good reviews - doesn't always mean a lot

the whois info

Registrant Name: E-INIFINITY LIMITED
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 19/F, BEVERLY HOUSE,
Registrant Street: NOS.93-107 LICKHART ROAD,
Registrant City: WANCHAI
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 0852
Registrant Country: HK
Registrant Phone: +852.56251416

certainly seems uk based to me :bang:

Strangely enough I ordered from Currys in the end, I never usually buy from them as they are usually more expensive but currently they have the A6000 with free Sony bag for £489. Most other places online either seem a bit dodgy/grey or they have the camera for £489 with no bag so it was a no brainier really. I get to pick it up from my local store tomorrow.

Back