Anyone know a postcard printer?

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking to get some postcards done, but not by Photobox. 16 for £8 is a bit pricey. I saw in the back of Pro Photographer theres a company called Colour Cards that do 1,000 for £95 but who knows what they're like. Anyone got any idea, url's, etc?

My dad has used Vistaprint www.vistaprint.co.uk for busniess cards and some promo flyers and the quality is VERY good - but this was using their own templates, but cant imagine they print custom designs any different. They do Postcards - 100 for £14.99 (one thing that did bug me slightly was that they printed the url on my dads stuff, which I thought was a bit cheeky, but seen it all over the place - bloody printers!)

Do they not offer samples Pete?
What you thinking of having done?

We print GB Eye postcards and also National Trust postcards and looking at their site Pete I'm pretty impressed. They're using a good B1 perfecting press by the looks of it and you get a proof and delivery all included, I'd go for it. As I said above you could always get them to send you some copies for piece of mind.

I use vistaprint for all sorts, you don't have to have the vistaprint web address on it.
You get to choose the designs from templates or you can upload your own.

I was chatting to some people the other night who suggested I get postcards done as the ones they've seen around Liverpool were a bit rubbish. Another person said they'd put them in the cafe of the gallery where my photos are. Ideally I want to get them printed for a decent price because no-one wants to pay £5 per postcard.

@ 11p per card all in, I think its a no brainer. The good thing is they print in 1 pass, therefore you don't have the cost of putting the sheet back through or risk getting any ickies because of this.

Aye. I could sell them at £1.50 perhaps which would cover a stores 35% and I'd earn about £75 per batch of 100.

Honestly go for it pete,

1 you get cash for any sales

2 you get recognition

3 it won't take much effort or time, thus not costing you money

WIN WIN :D

And if they don't sell, use them as marketing anyway just to promote ya'self.

Being litho printed the original link you posted will be perfect, a very good price. The downside is you have 1000 postcards of the same design.

I personally use Vistaprint, mainly because the qty is 100 and i can have approx 7 lots of cards printed for the price

Yeah thats the thing. Its £15 for 100 of one photo or £95 for a run of 1000. I'd be tempted to use Vista Print for now, just to test the water. I've got about 5 or 6 postcards from other artists and groups over the past few months. Everyone seems to have them these days.

Just for something else to consider, i have had normal business cards and glosss business cards from vistaprint, if you have the option to have gloss postcards take it, they are very good quality.

I can also vouch for the quality of the postcards from Vistaprint.
My client sends out postcards of my nails with her catalogues, and at the big shows people go crazy for them.
Give them a try Pete, theyre certainly cheap enough.

Those prices look really good. The people I was going to suggest were Colour Express but they seem to be slightly more expensive than the lot you've found. There's also www.printing.com again, more expensive. Good luck (y)

I used vistprint and was quite impressed. Only thing I didn't like was paying extra for uploading my own design but can't remember if that was the postcards or just the business cards. I used them to send out promotional offers and got some repeat business out of it.

Vistaprint are cheap but you have to pay for lots of little 'extras' to not have the companies URL on the back and things like that.

I bought some 'free' business cards from them and had to pay not to have their URL on the back, I opted for the (free) slow delivery (14 or 21 days or something) and they still turned up in about 5 days so saved another few pounds.

Back