Anyone know anything about Belfast?

Name
Francesca
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and my bf are off their for a wirlwind visit of 2 days and one night! It would be great to get some tips on where to go and what to see etc and also any great photography spots! We are staying very central so it will be easy to get around! :D Cheers:)

It's about 3 years since I was last in Belfast. But the Waterfront has some great new buildings that may make some good pics. If you can get out to the coast that can be delightful if the weathers fine

Where abouts are you staying?

I take it your going for shopping etc so visit Victoria Square. Its a new shopping centre which feels like an outdoor shopping centre which is inside but take the cheque book as its quite expensive.

As said above, visit the waterfront area and also the odyssey arena is just across the road and over the bridge and you can look over the docks etc or visit the cinema and there are also a few restaurants in it, one of which is the red panda which was mentioned above but dont expect to sit for to long in there as the service is very quick but they always seem to want to pus you out.

In Belfast city centre, opposite WH Smith which is on Royal Ave near the city hall (the main street) you will see the tourist info place, pick up a What about guide book which is free and will list you all the events happening and also loads of restaurants and things to do and maps in it. I live a few miles from belfast and i usually try to get my hands on one as it keeps me up to date with whats happening!

Last edited:
Me and my bf are off their for a wirlwind visit of 2 days and one night! It would be great to get some tips on where to go and what to see etc and also any great photography spots! We are staying very central so it will be easy to get around! :D Cheers:)

Hi
I went to belfast about six months ago (working) had a bit of time to kill so went on a sugested drive around the Mourne mountains (Probably wrong spelling) about 40 mins away and some stunning scenery and well worth visiting ended up at a place called newcastle (I think) I'm sure Google could give you a bit more info on the area :)

Newcastle is basically where Slieve Donard looks over and is the highest mountain in the mournes. Not much in newcastle its self but if you have a car it might be worth visiting tollymore forest if you want a nice walk and the possibility of some nice pics.

http://www.forestserviceni.gov.uk/i...n-the-east-district/tollymore-forest-park.htm

As your only here for 2 days it might be worth researching what your interested in and want to see so you know exactly where it is when you get here and how your going to get there!!

are there still murals on the sides of the houses?? they make good photographs..

yeah, in some places.

6899.jpg

A lot of the political ones have been replaced with culturally acceptable ones :D

Last edited:
Back