1. nudookj

nudookj

Name:
    Noris Hook
    Edit My Images:
    No
    There are a lot of text messages on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and currently look for a way to backup them to computer. The Samsung Switch app sucks and you can't view the exported messages even it works. any ideal?

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  3. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've done this. On my Galaxy I click on the message and I get a drop down box with options. One of them is forward by email. Only drawback is that it only works on individual messages. If you have a long conversation you have to forward each one separately. My phone is a bit old so that might have been updated by now.

4. StewartR

StewartR Efrem Zimbalist Jr Advertiser

Name:
    Stewart (duh)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have an app called SMS Backup+. It automatically backs up my text messages and call logs to my Gmail account.

5. nudookj

nudookj

Name:
    Noris Hook
    Edit My Images:
    No
  6. StewartR

Name:
    Stewart (duh)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There isn't an exported file. What it does is effectively convert text messages to things that look like emails in your Gmail folder. This works very well with Gmail where message threading is enabled; YMMV if you use different email clients. No rooting required.

I've attached a screen shot to illustrate what I see in Gmail. Every text message is a separate "email", grouped by person.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Norkie and nudookj like this.
  7. Neilc28

Neilc28

Name:
    Neil
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    SMS Backup and Restore can take a backup to an XML file in your Google Drive, you can then reformat this accordingly. I’ve never reformatted the XML (only viewed) but have taken backups many times.

nudookj likes this.
  8. StewartR

Name:
    Stewart (duh)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes, I've got that too. Good for transferring your SMS history to a different phone. Not so good for continuous background backups.

9. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Try an App called Mighty Text, this enables you to send and receive SMS from your phone /PC or tablet, it keeps copies on your PC .
    The free version keeps a record for 60 days, if you want more than that you have to get the paid upgrade
    https://mightytext.net/

nudookj likes this.
  10. nudookj

nudookj

Name:
    Noris Hook
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for all the replies, guy. It was solved with Mr Bump suggestion.

Neilc28 likes this.
  11. Fansder

Fansder

Name:
    Fansder
    Edit My Images:
    No
    As i know , it is called SMS backup & restore , which can be used to backup Android messages to computer and restore data back ,
    And if you don't want to use any tools , you can use the Facebook and Gmail account to do ,

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  12. StewartR

Name:
    Stewart (duh)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    NO. They are two different apps which work in different ways. As I said earlier, I have both of them.

13. Ganjsfer

Ganjsfer

Name:
    Hamser
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The SMS backup & restore can be used to backup messages from Android to PC , as well as can help us to recover deleted messages , but it depends on your Android phone has been rooted before

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018