Anyone know how to backup Android messages to PC?

Name
Noris Hook
Edit My Images
No
There are a lot of text messages on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and currently look for a way to backup them to computer. The Samsung Switch app sucks and you can't view the exported messages even it works. any ideal?

I've done this. On my Galaxy I click on the message and I get a drop down box with options. One of them is forward by email. Only drawback is that it only works on individual messages. If you have a long conversation you have to forward each one separately. My phone is a bit old so that might have been updated by now.

I have an app called SMS Backup+. It automatically backs up my text messages and call logs to my Gmail account.

I have an app called SMS Backup+. It automatically backs up my text messages and call logs to my Gmail account.
This sounds good. Can you view the exported file after backup? rooting is required or not?
There isn't an exported file. What it does is effectively convert text messages to things that look like emails in your Gmail folder. This works very well with Gmail where message threading is enabled; YMMV if you use different email clients. No rooting required.

I've attached a screen shot to illustrate what I see in Gmail. Every text message is a separate "email", grouped by person.

19461-1515838075-073644afc28818a23169efe8de9ff6e9.jpg

Last edited:
SMS Backup and Restore can take a backup to an XML file in your Google Drive, you can then reformat this accordingly. I’ve never reformatted the XML (only viewed) but have taken backups many times.

SMS Backup and Restore can take a backup to an XML file in your Google Drive, you can then reformat this accordingly. I’ve never reformatted the XML (only viewed) but have taken backups many times.
Yes, I've got that too. Good for transferring your SMS history to a different phone. Not so good for continuous background backups.

Try an App called Mighty Text, this enables you to send and receive SMS from your phone /PC or tablet, it keeps copies on your PC .
The free version keeps a record for 60 days, if you want more than that you have to get the paid upgrade
https://mightytext.net/

I have an app called Android SMS Backup+. It automatically backs up my text messages and call logs to my Gmail account.
As i know , it is called SMS backup & restore , which can be used to backup Android messages to computer and restore data back ,
And if you don't want to use any tools , you can use the Facebook and Gmail account to do ,

Last edited:
As i know , it is called SMS backup & restore , which can be used to backup Android messages to computer and restore data back
NO. They are two different apps which work in different ways. As I said earlier, I have both of them.

As i know , it is called SMS backup & restore , which can be used to backup Samsung messages to computer and restore data back ,
And if you don't want to use any tools , you can use the Facebook and Gmail account to do ,
The SMS backup & restore can be used to backup messages from Android to PC , as well as can help us to recover deleted messages , but it depends on your Android phone has been rooted before

Last edited:
Back