Anyone know of a good alternative to the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM?

Name
Barry Robinson
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,

Pretty new to this forum, but seems like most people know what their talking about. Hope this is the right place to post this and if it's not apologies, and happy to have it moved by an admin to somewhere more suitable!

I while back I grabbed a used Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L USM to shoot events [which is most if my business]. A lot of the work I do are indoor events where I can't for practical reasons use flash. Ideally I'd love to be able to have more than one body [I've got a spare 550D, but I'm not comfortable selling people the output from that camera] and have multiple lenses available without having to change, but right now I can't justify the cost.

I don't really want to upgrade to the MK2 as it has no IS, and I'm always finding myself in places where I'm having to ramping up ISO on my 5D3 to compensate for camera shake and lack of available light.

In general that's OK as most of my clients are looking for web content that isn't going to get blown up, but wide open the Mk1 still had some pretty serious perspective distortion, and I do pride myself on giving people my best work!

I get that distortion it's always going to be an issue, particularly on a zoom, when shot wide open, but there has to be a better alternative to the 24-70mm f 2.8L USM MkI?

Thanks in advance for any help

Barry Robinson
New Street Photography

Back