Anyone know what this is?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Not a particularly good shot as the bird was under a tree so quite shady, I'm guessing some type of Warbler and if it helps the tree was alongside a river.

Many thanks in advance.

Brian.

picture334b.jpg

From the books ive got it looks like a willow warbler?

Thanks for the replies guys:) if it's any help there were around half a dozen of them in the immediate area, chasing each other around and seemed to be perhaps nesting in a tall tree covered in Ivy [maybe:thinking:]

It's hard to tell off the photo willow warblers have been seen in the North East so would be in most places I would guess, but the legs do look dark in the photo which would indicate Chiffchaff.

At Fariburn Ings (West Yorkshire) there were definitely Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs out and about. I can't tell them apart visually, have to rely on their song/call.

Thanks for the replies guys:)

We know the Chiffchaff song and it wasn't heard so looks like Willow warblers;)

Cheers
Brian.

At Fariburn Ings (West Yorkshire) there were definitely Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs out and about. I can't tell them apart visually, have to rely on their song/call.

+1, I can never tell.

The books i have dont show the legs that well :thinking:

I did a google image search and with all the yellow on it [plus I have the full size pic here and several others;)] seems to look more like the chiffchaff than the willow warbler. We didn't hear the chiffchaff call but last time we did it was a solitary bird in the top of a tree, guess there were so many of these together they they were more interested in feeding.

Cheers for your help everyone;)

Brian.

Back