Anyone know what this is?

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
guess1a.jpg

guess2k.jpg

I'v seen this before and can't remember what it is or part of. (sorry age thing):thinking:

seriously ?

It could be a gentleman's drinking funnel in case they're semi-unconscious for passing people to continue to imbibe them

Threaded on the outside

?? An early attempt by Canon to paint their lens hoods white for their L series lenses ??

If this object is as small as I think it is, it's probably a lens shade for a CS or C mount movie camera lens. Without a scale to estimate size it's sort of a crapshoot.

Lens hood, probably for a Bencini Comet looking at the size - threads would be 20mm?

I need one for my Comet III :D

No idea but I love the pouch :p, it's like its got a shocked little face on it with a raised eyebrow saying "Eh, what's this :cautious:?!".

Last edited:
Lens hood, probably for a Bencini Comet looking at the size - threads would be 20mm?

I need one for my Comet III :D

If you pay the postage you can have it. :)

Leather pouches for accessories are absolutely fantastic, I love the little F&H case that the Rolleinar comes in.

Leather pouches for accessories are absolutely fantastic, I love the little F&H case that the Rolleinar comes in.

My Rolleinar 1 lenses came in the little F&H leather pouch but I was wondering about finding something else to keep it in as I'd read comments suggesting the acidity in the leather and it's tendency to absorb mosture from the air meant it wasn't the best thing to keep optics in?:thinking:

Back