Anyone know where i can get a Hasselblad 501 CM?

Edit My Images
Yes
Im ' after a good clean example of one of these but other than egay im' not sure where else i would be able to pick one up. Any help or advice much appreciated.

p.s How much did these things cost when new?

Hi,

It (apparently) cost £2300 new. I'd search Google for one to buy, don't know anywhere other than through that really?

Mifsuds have some Hassies for sale.

try googling secondhand UK camera shops and go through all the listings if you want a bargain, have had some good deals from some of the small shops listed.

Ffordes have a nice one in stock with metered prism for £1149

298778.jpg

That one looks so clean for how old it is, plus the lenses is one of the best you can get for an 80mm.

eBay does have some bargains thou and at least you can actually see the photos of the camera, as with some of the Ffordes they just use past photos or not even the right photos sometimes!

Example - https://secure.ffordes.com/Shop/Sto...ecd&sub=1&Code=BR&SubCode=SA&id=98802&promo=0

Funny looking Polaroid back!!

Hi, a friend of mine is looking to exchange his Hassy gear for a 5D mkII when they come out in November, nothing certain yet (He hasn't been able to find the time to use it since buying it last year).
His local dealer has offered him £1500 for it but I suspect he would sell it for a bit more than this if he decides to go ahead - if an offer came along. Not sure of his timings, he's away for a week, but I could persue it if interested.
The kit is as in the message he sent me:-

"Hi Joe

The Hasselblad gear is as follows with receipts from ffordes.

501CM complete with 80mm CB f2.8 lens and chrome A12 back: cost £949
50mm f4 CF FLE lens: cost £795
150mm f4 CF lens: cost £549

Separate chrome A12 back cost: £199
PM 90 prism cost: £199
Magnifying hood: cost £85

Other goodies I would include are Lee 23A red filter and 60mm adapter ring and cable release."

Might be worth a look - I have too much gear at the moment or else I'd go for it!

Thanks for the advice. Have just picked one up at Mifsuds. Managed to get a 503CW in immaculate condition for £1499. This photography lark is getting expensive

Oh yes, you absolutely have to, it would be impolite......

I have a major cleaning job to do on my Mamiya this weekend but I'm loving it :)

*builders/plumbers/electricians, sharp intake of breath*

peeps used to say, M/F film gear is on the decline, everything is a bargain..
I dunno if that's been entirely true over the past year or so.
Maybe I should sell my digital gear before it disappears down the plughole, or gets credit crunched..

:shrug:

"getting expensive".....don't bother with the gate, the horse is in Hawaii

Back