Edit My Images
Yes
5118602878_83f411c230_b.jpg

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:Nice one(y)

:eek:

what?

sorry but i don't get it

please can someone explain to me, anything that is good about it?

I want to know where the rest of it is? :thinking:

Did you mean lose? Loose means its not fastened on; maybe that's what you meant or maybe you just can't spell.

please can someone explain to me, anything that is good about it?

Deer dig holes in the ground (at least they do at Knole Park in Kent), and then lie in them, so that only their head is exposed.
From the right (or wrong!:eek:) angle it can look like a dismembered head.
I have seen very few shots like this.

Dear often sleep in ruts or dips in the ground. I think someone has taken this title literally. Unless I am completely mistaken.

Good photo though if I am correct.

but quite clearly, in this instance, this is not the case.......

but quite clearly, in this instance, this is not the case.......

It is Lynton; the doe's fairly obvious alive, look at the eyes and the ears. Not to mention that you can see the edges of the scrape behind the head and the ground sink.

My original thought on seeing this, though, was:

HaHa! :D

Last edited:
This deer is alive,if you look closely you can see there is a small valley or hole it is lying in.

sorry to cause offence to anybody that thought this was a severed deer head, he really was alive and watching the rut going on in front of him, I just posted it for a bit of fun.
Here is a couple of pics to show the sort of holes that the young buck in the first picture was sitting in, and cheers for the other comments.

5118036465_e544f3ff42_b.jpg

5113717397_c8dc980b6a_b.jpg

Good grief :eek:

I have to say, I for one found the initial image somewhat disturbing.

I also have to say that now I feel like a right tit, am a bit embarrassed and LOL quite allot :LOL:

Great shots, WELL DONE :D

Thats what I enjoy about this place there's a damn sight more to learn about than just photography :)

Very nice set (and I too thought it was a severed head when I first saw it so you're not alone Andy :))

Thats what I enjoy about this place there's a damn sight more to learn about than just photography :)

:clap: here here!!

I thought it was some photoshoppery - but a good shot and great story/infomation behind it

I think they are great!! Id love to use them on other forums, they would raise a few eyebrows from the bunny huggers I bet!

I thought it was a severed head too, I was slightly surprised to see so many people saying 'well done' and 'lol-ing' :D.

But now it's all fine :LOL:. I never knew they did that, it's bizarre!!

That is terrible, I am reporting you to the RSPCA !!

You stick a poor deer in a hole and leave him there until he grows up into a fully grown stag! That is VERY cruel. :nono:

:LOL:

Seriously I love them. They are brilliant :)

The Stag in the hole made me laugh even more! This is the strangest thing i have ever seen - never knew they did this.

Thanks for the awesome shot and the laugh for the day :D

ok, apologies, My first thoughts were a bit of photoshoppery............:shrug:

different angle - can see it better..........:LOL:

i thought the first one was someone photoshopping the head in!

That was my first thought as well
My second was that it was a trophy head put between the leaves :cautious: (not sure why someone would do that though :shrug:)

Brilliant photos and a very interesting lesson :D

Amazing that so many people assumed it was a severed head, or even photoshopped :thinking:

This behaviour has been shown on countless wildlife progs.

What sort of people do you think would post, or laugh at a severed head shot. No TP members that I've come across :rules:

I have to say, that if the deer start doing that on the adjoining golf course (particularly the greens), then we may see some severed heads.

Shows you the press can easily run off with a story that is so completely wrong. Then again, since when have they let the truth get in the way of a good story (apologies to any journos present).

Back