Anyone made their own chocolate wedding favours

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
As it says in the title.

Need to make 150 little chocolates and being the brain dead pillock I am today I can't think how much chocolate I'd need to melt to go into the moulds.......

Someone help me please

(obviously I'll be working on the 1 for the favour, 1 for me measurements :LOL: )

Each chocolate is 4cm by 3cm and about 1/2 cm deep

Ta muchly

Aha - see good thinking there - didn't think of that :LOL:

Cheers Christine

I used to be a chef/chocalatier. You could always make a Chocolate Genash (sic), by using a good dark chocolate mixed with a not quite boiling cream. 100g of chocolate, 85% or so, mixed with 300ml of double cream will make a very rich mix. If you work on the idea of this mix will make roughly 20 or so sweets. Heat the cream in a saucepan until nearly boiling, add the chocolate, and turn off the heat, allow the chocolate to melt whilst stirring constantly, once it is mixed well, add a couple of knobs of butter, to give gloss and boost the flavour. Once done, pour into a plastic tub of some sort and place in the fridge to cool. Once set, scoop out with a meln baller, and roll in cocoa powder for a nice finish. If you need any more help, just let me know. And remember, the higher the cocoa content of the chocolate, the richer, and more bitter it will be. If you need to make an impression, stay away from milk chocolate. Good luck:)

Hey newyorker..good choco advice there.
a joy division fan then huh?

I used to be a chef/chocalatier. You could always make a Chocolate Genash (sic), by using a good dark chocolate mixed with a not quite boiling cream. 100g of chocolate, 85% or so, mixed with 300ml of double cream will make a very rich mix. If you work on the idea of this mix will make roughly 20 or so sweets. Heat the cream in a saucepan until nearly boiling, add the chocolate, and turn off the heat, allow the chocolate to melt whilst stirring constantly, once it is mixed well, add a couple of knobs of butter, to give gloss and boost the flavour. Once done, pour into a plastic tub of some sort and place in the fridge to cool. Once set, scoop out with a meln baller, and roll in cocoa powder for a nice finish. If you need any more help, just let me know. And remember, the higher the cocoa content of the chocolate, the richer, and more bitter it will be. If you need to make an impression, stay away from milk chocolate. Good luck:)

I'll have to try that!

Nice one. :clap: :clap:

(y)

I just used JELLY BEANS!!!!!!! ;) :D :D :D

Back