Anyone on here have a vision deficiency?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I do wear glasses partly, being shortsighted, but the more I wear them, the worse my eyes get when I take them off so I only tend to wear them now when absolutely necessary :)

Mainly though, I'm colourblind. I have a red/green deficiency.
This has never affected me professionally or personally though. I've been a professional driver since 1998-2004 and never had any problems (no legal requirement for colour vision ;)) and when I applied to the police specials in 2000/1 I *just* got in and got past their colour vision test.

However, I think it does affect my photography, but I'm determined I'm not going to let it hold me back.

Colour vision deficiency, usually, is simply the inability to distinguish close colours within a close proximity.

If you show me a big red bull, I'll shout "Big Red Bull", similarly with a green one.

Yet if you show me one with a pinky tinge, and another one leaning towards a green tinge, then I might not be sure which one is which, from a distance.

Anyone else in the same boat? Has it affected your photography at all? Anyone else with a visual defect they care to share? The eyes being the photographers main tool.

I should wear my glasses more than I actually do, fortunately it is only my left eye that is impaired and I am making a conscious effort to wear them more. Like you when I take them off my vision seems worse..That’s only because your eyes have been used to focusing with aid and then without . BUT don’t worry, if there was a pinkish or greenish bull running at you I’d let you know :D :whistling

i am deficiant in many many areas, but vision isnt one thankfully, though i should really get tested as things a way off are hard to read these days

Well, I'm not colour blind, thankfully, but I need glasses now for reading driving and going for a pi$$. It's a real PITA, photographically - thankfully I can set the dioptric adjustment on the viewfinder so I can see it sharply wearing specs and still see the LCD screen and other marking when I need to change settings (still wearing specs) I much prefer to set the viewfinder so it's sharp without specs, but then I'm continually pushing and pulling my specs down from the top of my head when I need to change camera settings. I've avoided one of those lanyard things for fear of looking like LarryGrayson.:icon_eek:

Dave G who posts here is an optician and he advises me it's perfectly feasible for get contact lenses - one for close work and one for distance, so I'm going to be trying that very soon I think.

bit short sighted here too, had the same prescription for about the last 10 years

Im as blind as a bat without me specs!
Its never really bothered me as I have to wear specs all the time.

Back