Anyone ordered from B&H via its website?

Name
SJ
Edit My Images
Yes
They say they've shipped to thousands of satisfied customers in the UK and that the shipping via DHL is from $5.46 for items under $200, but don't you have to pay import duty?

I'm looking at the Feisol TT-15 mini tripod which I don't believe you can buy in the UK.

Has anyone recently bought anything online from B&H and did you have to pay a lot in duty?

I'm looking at the Feisol TT-15 mini tripod which I don't believe you can buy in the UK.

That's odd Amazon had some in stock last month but now they're listing it as unavailable.

Anyway back to your question, I don't recall the exact rules but you should always expect to pay import fees. Duty depends on the tariff code but is usually between 2-6% and I think only applies to items over £120 in value, VAT should apply to anything over the £18 threshold and the courier usually slaps an added fee for clearing it for you (very generous of them).

Easiest thing to do is add the items to your shopping cart then see if you can choose the pay taxes option as I've found that often works out cheaper than letting Parcelforce slap their charges on when it enters the UK but as a very quick estimate take your total, calculate 20% and add £12 to get a rough idea. They usually calculate it wrong though as it'll have the value declared in US dollars.

Pretty fast delivery, import duty added by parcel force so I had to pick items up.
They weren't available anywhere else - Minolta light meter accessories.

They say they've shipped to thousands of satisfied customers in the UK and that the shipping via DHL is from $5.46 for items under $200, but don't you have to pay import duty?

Has anyone recently bought anything online from B&H and did you have to pay a lot in duty?

Why not order from Feisol EU?

https://www.feisol.eu/product/feisol-mini-carbon-tripod-tt-15-mark-2/?lang=en

Only used them the once for TrekPak Pelicase dividers before they were available here. As above it was quite quick delivery and I left it to Parcel Force to sort the import duty. No issues at all.

GC

Thanks everyone - I will probably take gramps' advice and order from the Feisol EU store which should be safer where extra charges are concerned.

Back