Anyone ordered from London Camera Exchange ?

Edit My Images
No
Ordered something from LCE for the first time and it appears they're a bit pedantic about delivery options. Courier is DPD and LCE have specified the parcel can't be delivered to a neighbour or pick up location. Which, considering I'm working during the week is awkward.
Anyone navigated this before ? I suppose my only option is to try to get DPD to deliver at the weekend.

Won't be ordering from LCE again given their paranoia over delivery (they also won't allow delivery to a work address, only the billing address).

Yes I have an many times they have been great everytime, I think if you pay via paypal you can then have it delivered to work etc, if its credit card then you can only have to card holders address (this is required to protect you and them)

Reactions: Nod
Yes I have an many times they have been great everytime, I think if you pay via paypal you can then have it delivered to work etc, if its credit card then you can only have to card holders address (this is required to protect you and them)

Paypal sounds like the way to go with LCE then if I ever order from them in future

Could you ask them to deliver to one of their own physical stores and collect it?

Nearest shop is a 50 mile round trip that I don't have time to do sadly.

If you get a DPD tracking number you can usually change delivery details.

Think they have to try once and you go from there with details given on the card that is left

If you get a DPD tracking number you can usually change delivery details.
When you get the DPD notification of delivery time it states you cannot change the delivery address as requested by the seller

When you get the DPD notification of delivery time it states you cannot change the delivery address as requested by the seller
Until you get the failed delivery attempt card as I mentioned above

I wonder if LCE branches use different couriers as they are more like a franchise. I have always found them very helpful. Which one did you order your stuff from?

Think they have to try once and you go from there with details given on the card that is left
All the time I have used DPD I have been able to change delivery details from as soon as DPD give me first notification of an impending delivery. But maybe the sender can specify no changes - I've never personally experienced this.

Won't be ordering from LCE again given their paranoia over delivery (they also won't allow delivery to a work address, only the billing address).

Had great dealings wiht them.. Would deffo deal with them again.. would hate to miss a good deal because they are being security concious..

It's called "Cutting off the nose to spite the face"

All the time I have used DPD I have been able to change delivery details from as soon as DPD give me first notification of an impending delivery. But maybe the sender can specify no changes - I've never personally experienced this.

LCE do indeed specify no changes - you can't request the parcel be left with a neighbour or pick up location.

They attempted delivery today, and I of course wasn't in. Using the DPD app I can only reschedule delivery Mon-Fri.... when of course I won't be in.
Have phoned LCE and they have refused to allow the parcel to be left with a neighbour or pick up location.

Will ring DPD next and see what they suggest for me to obtain the parcel. Otherwise i'll ask for it to be returned and ask LCE for a refund I guess.

Shame that LCE are so paranoid. Have never had this issue with Ffordes, WYCameras, Harrison Cameras, MPB and CEX.

Had great dealings wiht them.. Would deffo deal with them again.. would hate to miss a good deal because they are being security concious..

It's called "Cutting off the nose to spite the face"
But how is the OP going to get his stuff? I wonder if it is branch-specific, as I too have had no problems with them.

LCE do indeed specify no changes - you can't request the parcel be left with a neighbour or pick up location.

They attempted delivery today, and I of course wasn't in. Using the DPD app I can only reschedule delivery Mon-Fri.... when of course I won't be in.
Have phoned LCE and they have refused to allow the parcel to be left with a neighbour or pick up location.

Will ring DPD next and see what they suggest for me to obtain the parcel. Otherwise i'll ask for it to be returned and ask LCE for a refund I guess.

Shame that LCE are so paranoid. Have never had this issue with Ffordes, WYCameras, Harrison Cameras, MPB and CEX.

See what it says on the card, bit of a long shot, but you never know

Is collecting from the depot a possibility. My local depot is open until 7.30pm

Depot is a 34mile round trip which I don't have time for at the moment sadly.

Rang DPD. They initially though they could change to collection from a pick up location, but couldn't. They also can't change to a Sat/Sun delivery without authorisation from the sender.
Range LCE head office after being given their number by the Worcester branch earlier this morning. Was told by head office I shouldn't of been given their number ! Their now going to get the Worcester branch to ring me....

Receiving a parcel shouldn't be this difficult. It's only a £80 second hand lens lol.

Get someone else to pick it up from the depot for you? As long as they have the card and your appropriate ID then they'd be able to collect on your behalf

I've definitely had LCE stuff delivered to work. 100%!!

Back in spring I bought my boy an A6000 and a Samyang 12/2. One item was from LCE and the other from MPB. Both were delivered to my work. I'm sure in the more distant past I have too.

Can you offer to pay an extra couple of quid for Saturday delivery?

Can you offer to pay an extra couple of quid for Saturday delivery?

So after being told by DPD that the sender has to upgrade the parcel to Sat/Sun delivery, I spoke to LCE in Worcester who agreed to upgrade the delivery to Sat/Sun.
Only to then get an email 30mins later from LCE to say that DPD don't offer a Sat/Sun delivery in my area.

Luckily my wife is no working from home Thursday, so *fingers crossed* I've asked DPD to deliver for then.

Moral of the story - only ever use paypal when buying from LCE.

Not sure what you mean here ? Nowhere does it state that LCE don't allow parcels to be left with a neighbour or pick up point as per every other company I've ordered from that uses DPD.

Unfortunately it does "WE CAN ONLY DELIVER TO THE ADDRESS AT WHICH THE BUYERS CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD IS REGISTERED"
Taken from here https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Content/?Delivery-Info

I have come across this before with a mail order fishing tackle company, that was for anything over 50 quid with them

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean here ? Nowhere does it state that LCE don't allow parcels to be left with a neighbour or pick up point as per every other company I've ordered from that uses DPD.
No offence intended. I meant speak to them beforehand. But I understand what you’re saying - with sympathy.

An update - I finally received the lens after my wife worked from home yesterday.

However it's broken :/ The lug that allows Zeiss MM lenses to use Tv and P modes on Contax cameras looks as though it has snapped off. Doesn't look as though it happened in transit (no bits of metal/plastic in the packaging), so I imagine it was like that when sent out. Back it goes I guess.

An update - I finally received the lens after my wife worked from home yesterday.

However it's broken :/ The lug that allows Zeiss MM lenses to use Tv and P modes on Contax cameras looks as though it has snapped off. Doesn't look as though it happened in transit (no bits of metal/plastic in the packaging), so I imagine it was like that when sent out. Back it goes I guess.
@Ste_S Thanks for updating this and I'm wondering what it's condition was rated as? LCE don't want to be as specific as other secondhand dealers, so no idea what the real condition of a 3* Average lens might be. Your experience gives me a bad feeling though.

Last edited:
I've bought used kit from LCE a couple of times via mail order (Colchester and Lincoln branches) and each time the item (a Canon 50mm FD f/1.4 lens and a Sigma dock) has been as described as '***** Excellent condition' and I've found that to be accurate both times. I phoned up to check on condition before buying the lens. The sales assistant went and got it while I waited and examined it for me and said it looked like new and described it as being one of the best he'd seen, which it was, so I can only speak as I find and I'd buy from either of those branches again.

I've dealt with various LCE branches for the best part of 50 years. Things go wrong but they always sort it out. Not something that can be said for some other sellers of 2nd hand kit.

For my first mpb order they phoned to ask why the delivery address differed from cardholders address . When I said it to work address they duly despatched it.

Back