Anyone part of Nikon Professional Services (NPS)?

Name
MG
Edit My Images
No
A friend of mine is a professional photographer and recently sent his camera in for repair, which took a couple of weeks.

I then stumbled across the NPS service and found out he could of had it repaired much quicker.

I read somewhere online you can also rent/hire lenses as part of this service. Is this still the case? Seems pretty cool that you could hire a lens as a one off free of charge (seems too good to be true)?

A friend of mine is a professional photographer and recently sent his camera in for repair, which took a couple of weeks.

I then stumbled across the NPS service and found out he could of had it repaired much quicker.

I read somewhere online you can also rent/hire lenses as part of this service. Is this still the case? Seems pretty cool that you could hire a lens as a one off free of charge (seems too good to be true)?

Yes. I recently had a body and a lens repaired and they lent me the equivalent body and lens until they sent me my own back.

You need to have 6 peices of kit from their 'pro' spec list registered with them to join.

Yes. I recently had a body and a lens repaired and they lent me the equivalent body and lens until they sent me my own back.

You need to have 6 peices of kit from their 'pro' spec list registered with them to join.
Oh, so you can't hire something as a one off if you don't own the item already?

I.e. He has an event coming up and wanted to loan a 300mm 2.8?

The reason i ask is that i saw a youtuber mention it (skip to 5:30):
View: https://youtu.be/vOxQDfTTtBs?t=330

Oh, so you can't hire something as a one off if you don't own the item already?

I.e. He has an event coming up and wanted to loan a 300mm 2.8?

The reason i ask is that i saw a youtuber mention it (skip to 5:30):
View: https://youtu.be/vOxQDfTTtBs?t=330

I'm not sure about that!

Mine was a like for like (D4 and 70-200 VR2) First thing would be to register and/or phone them.

If he owns 6 peices, which could be bodies, lenses, speedlights (as long as it's on their pro list) it makes sense to register anyway.

Alternatively, contact StuartR on here (Lenses for Hire)

Last edited:
I have been an NPS member since the early 1980s, back in those days you had to be invited to become a member. Invites only went to Nikon gear users that were prominent in the industry - not just press photographers. Now it is open to anyone who has a minimum inventory of 'Pro' gear, as specified by the NPS requirements. Rob McNeish heads the team up now. At some of the big events, such as Open Golf, Silverstone Grand Prix, Wimbledon, London Fashion Week, Cricket tests, Athletics and Swimming big meetings the NPS team and technicians are on hand to make repairs, clean kit and there are loan items available on a first come first served basis, so if you were needing a 600 f4 and got your name down early, this is a chance to use one and earn from it without having to shell out.

Now it is open to anyone who has a minimum inventory of 'Pro' gear, as specified by the NPS requirements.
No it isn't.

I have several hundred thousands pounds' worth of Nikon equipment, vastly in excess of the NPS requirements.
But I'm not eligible to join NPS.
I've asked. I've begged. But the answer is no.

No it isn't.

I have several hundred thousands pounds' worth of Nikon equipment, vastly in excess of the NPS requirements.

Might that be something to do with your business?

No it isn't.

Pouquoi? :thinking:

I would imagine that it's because he's not a photographer.
Ding ding! We have a winner!

Although I earn money from my Nikon equipment, I don't earn that money by being a photographer, and therefore I am a second-class citizen.
(At least, in Nikon's eyes. Fortunately some other manufacturers think differently.)

Back