Anyone Purchased Gear From Panamoz?

Loads of threads on Panamoz on the forum, just search and you will find all the good reviews.

Tax dodger my a****!
I've used them before, as well as Hdewcameras, Digitalrev and SLRhut, no problems with any of them, and with Panamoz, their longer than normal warranty is usually transferable.

Never bought from them but their reputation seems very good. Shame their additional discount for bank transfer has disappeared mind, made them even more sexy to consider!

Yup, bought a D810 off them, fully tracked, good email contact very easy to deal with i'd use them again no problem.

thats a pretty fast and positive response! cheers people

Tax Dodger! ha ha what ever! - go and pay more tax if you like... suckers! ha ha

Tax Dodger! ha ha what ever! - go and pay more tax if you like... suckers! ha ha

You just waive the right to ever complain about Google's tax bill - it's basically the same thing :)

Still, FWIW I have used Panamoz and would again - very happy with their service and the fact the warranty is 3 years AND transferable makes that preferable to a UK model really.

Digital rev get a massive nod from me too after getting my 1DX off them :)

all good stuff really!

Im sure they all come from the same factory? Ie... if you bought a Nikon from Jessops and a nikon from Panamoz - do they all roll off the same production line? same for Canon, Sony, etc....

Certain things seem to be dreadfully overpriced, but generally you can get some great bargains, definitely legit.

Where does stuff come from and length of time delivered???

Always had good service from them.....wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Items usually come within 5days, which is quicker than most places here in the UK.

Another happy user here. I've dealt with them twice and on both occasions the items arrived within 4 working days. Tracked all the way so you know exactly where your parcel is. One thing to be aware of is when you place the order you may not get a confirmation email straight away. Don't panic and bear in mind that you need to take the time difference between the UK and HK into account. :)

thats a pretty fast and positive response! cheers people

Panamoz say they will cover all customs fees but they never answered my question about whether they'd cover a voluntary declaration of value - draw your own conclusions

Personally i don't feel that refusing to break the law by potentially evading tax (and its the importer who's liable not the shipper) makes me a sucker - if i did I could get some much cheaper prices than any grey retailer buying stolen cameras off the local scum bags (and note that its the customer, not panamoz who are breaking the law if they don't pay the correct Vat and duty) - the whole Google/Starbucks etc argument is a fallacy - tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion isnt, but hey its the individuals choice, i'm not going further into the drawn out argument about whether its okay to evade tax or not , its all been said before.

aside from the Tax issue three other points to be aware of if buying from a grey importer are a) your waranty is probably with them not the manufacturer - this is fine so long as they don't go bust , b) they arent in the Uk so your recourse in case of problems is limited - best to use a credit card as your card company has more clout than you do in case of problems (although to be fair panamoz have a reputation for good service unlike some other retailers), c) related to (b) if you exercise your right to return watch out for restocking fees (these arent legal in the UK under the CCR, but transactions with panamoz and other such retailers are governed by HK law which is different)

Also note that although Panamoz do have a UK office of sorts , its a virtual office facility in brighton - you can't pick up your shipment etc there because your shipment comes straight to you from overseas

Last edited:
No different to white market gear , except that if your insurer wants to see receipts the ammounts coverd will obviously be lower

Bought offf them a few times, order on a weekend and usually delivered by Thursday, 3 year gtee and people on this site who have had issues with their purchase and Panamoz have dealt with it very well from what I`ve seen.

Bought a canon 5DS, 10-400 MK2 and the16-35 within a couple of weeks. I e-mailed and had comms within the hour to clarify and also give me dates of arrival. Within a day I had a tracking number and was able to keep an eye on. Very impressed with the service and would definitely use them again.
I had no issues with taxes etc and not interested in the grey import nonsense either. Everyone has a choice :)

No different to white market gear , except that if your insurer wants to see receipts the ammounts coverd will obviously be lower

I went through an insurance situation recently, new for old, after an accident.
The complication was that I quoted lower than the market rate as I bought from panamoz.
They accepted this as genuine as I had receipts showing the amounts; as opposed to it being a scam to get more out of my insurance limit. They replaced without any problems (minus the policy excess). However, they did then advise that I up my insured amount to match the a UK sourced price rather than a corresponding grey price (which I've now done).

I have nothing to add. Other than; Suzy McKnockers + Jason = Letdown.

Ha ha - I requested a username change and Suzy McKnockers was chosen for me by the admin guys - i really coulnt be arsed to ask them to change it again ha ha - if thats what you were referring to?

I went through an insurance situation recently, new for old, after an accident.
The complication was that I quoted lower than the market rate as I bought from panamoz.
They accepted this as genuine as I had receipts showing the amounts; as opposed to it being a scam to get more out of my insurance limit. They replaced without any problems (minus the policy excess). However, they did then advise that I up my insured amount to match the a UK sourced price rather than a corresponding grey price (which I've now done).

Thanks matt - very helpful

just to echo all...they're great. Fast, cheap, friendly, helpful...I've bought thousands of pounds of gear from them and never had anything approaching a problem with their level of service. Probably my favourite company.

Just my pennies worth, but I too have purchased £1000's of gear from Panamoz over the years. Although the prices are a little higher than previous years & they do seem less likely to do deals anymore?

Back