Anyone received their Fastpack 200 from Digital Camera Yet.

I'm still waiting for mine altough I subscribed to Photoplus magazine.
I expect they wont send them out until they've taken the first direct debit which is due on the 26th in my case.

How long have you been waiting?

Not got mine yet (PhotoPlus) but had a letter confirming the DD which starts on 22 Aug.

I'm still waiting for mine altough I subscribed to Photoplus magazine.
I expect they wont send them out until they've taken the first direct debit which is due on the 26th in my case.

How long have you been waiting?

My DD was taken on 18th August, and the first mag is due to arrive on or before 26th. Let's hope they haven't run out of them, because I just don't want an alternative free gift.

Just been to the post office collection depot to pick mine up.
As per the other thread, they've run out out of the 200's cos I've also received a Fastpack 250 :D
Thanks again parish for the heads up on this offer :)

I've received the first copy of the magazine today :) - but no bag as yet :(

I've received the first copy of the magazine today :) - but no bag as yet :(

I'm really fed up now. Postgirl has come and still no bag, just my first copy of the magazine. I took my subscription out really early and told everyone else about it. They all seem to have had theirs.

I rang the magazine this morning and said that I was down for the free gift, but they didn't know what it would be, or whether it had been sent out yet. They said I had to wait until Sept 2nd before they could do anything about it if it didn't arrive.

I've told them if I don't get the Fastpack I will cancel the subscription. So I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:bang:

One would of thought they would send them out on a first come, first served basis.
Seems silly that I received mine before Parish as he subscribed before I did.

One would of thought they would send them out on a first come, first served basis.
Seems silly that I received mine before Parish as he subscribed before I did.

I wonder if they are going by postcodes. I took my subscription out on 2nd August and they took my DD on the 18th. My postcode starts with S so I just wonder.:thinking:

I wonder if they are going by postcodes. I took my subscription out on 2nd August and they took my DD on the 18th. My postcode starts with S so I just wonder.:thinking:

If they are then you've got a looooong wait - my postcode is BA and i haven't received mine yet.

I have got mine,but i got it as soon as the first offer was on.
i am not sure but i think they repeated the offer for a second month and that may be why they have run out of them.
Not a bad little bag though. I hope you all get yours soon.(y)

:canon:

I see the new offer is a Monopod. The magazine is great btw :D

I got mine after 5 days when I joined Photoplus... and way before the DD was taken out. The delivery was not through the normal post office but with a courier....

mine turned up Thursday, they sent me the 250 instead but hey ho :)

I'm really fed up now. Postgirl has come and still no bag, just my first copy of the magazine. I took my subscription out really early and told everyone else about it. They all seem to have had theirs.

I rang the magazine this morning and said that I was down for the free gift, but they didn't know what it would be, or whether it had been sent out yet. They said I had to wait until Sept 2nd before they could do anything about it if it didn't arrive.

I've told them if I don't get the Fastpack I will cancel the subscription. So I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:bang:

Postman has arrived but still no bag.:thumbsdown:

Hi they are to be delivered with in 28 days of your subscription starting that was the message i got when i phoned, if they bugger us about then we will ask for the bag+ mono pod or cancel and buy a Nikon:crying: camera:cautious:that will show em :LOL:

lowepro250.jpg

wowohhh it's got my lens in it hope i get the 250.......

Regards mark.

Last edited:
Hi they are to be delivered with in 28 days of your subscription starting that was the message i got when i phoned, if they bugger us about then we will ask for the bag+ mono pod or cancel and buy a Nikon:crying: camera:cautious:that will show em :LOL:

Regards mark.

But mine is a Nikon.:nikon: they were doing the same offer on Digital Camera, but they both come out from the same company, www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk. If you check the small print though they say that the bag is worth £65 and if they run out they will supply something to the same or higher value. I could do with a 300mm telephoto lens:thinking:

But mine is a Nikon.:nikon: they were doing the same offer on Digital Camera, but they both come out from the same company, www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk. If you check the small print though they say that the bag is worth £65 and if they run out they will supply something to the same or higher value. I could do with a 300mm telephoto lens:thinking:

Then i am afraid your bag will be last to be delivered, ever in the whole history of bag delivering, i did not know you own a Nikon ... i will type slower:LOL:;) all ment i good jest ....

which Nikon do you have , i chose canon because of their lens range, and i had a canon before many years ago, it never let me down, but i gave it a few rough rides, in my earler treaking days taking pictures while abseiling is a dodgy business

Kind regards Mark

Last edited:

lowepro250.jpg

wowohhh it's got my lens in it hope i get the 250.......

Regards mark.
Where did you get that pic from? It doesn't look like the one on the Lowepro site - http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-250,2086.htm - which has a side entry for the camera :thinking:

Sorry can't count. I meant 2 but 3 if they sent me one. I've got a Velbon UP 4000 which was a free gift with Digital Photo, and I also bought a Leki Sierra Photo walking pole which I thought would be great when trekking. The Velbon isn't too bad, but I decided that I wouldn't trust if for supporting me when coming down mountains. The Leki was great as a spare walking pole, but not much good as a monopod. It's got a stupid knob at the top which makes it rubbish to hold, and because you have to rotate it through 360 degrees to lock and unlock the extensions, it's not at all easy to adjust with your camera on the end of it.

By the way my bag still hasn't arrived, just an empty handed post-girl.

Where did you get that pic from? It doesn't look like the one on the Lowepro site - http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-250,2086.htm - which has a side entry for the camera :thinking:

It's a Kata HB-205 which I have. Fab bag in every way :woot:

EDIT: Didn't really notice that the top opens a little. Mine doesn't, so maybe it's a slightly different version, or a previous design of HB-205. Whatever it is, it's very similar to mine

Last edited:
Then i am afraid your bag will be last to be delivered, ever in the whole history of bag delivering, i did not know you own a Nikon ... i will type slower:LOL:;) all ment i good jest ....

which Nikon do you have , i chose canon because of their lens range, and i had a canon before many years ago, it never let me down, but i gave it a few rough rides, in my earler treaking days taking pictures while abseiling is a dodgy business

Kind regards Mark

Sorry Mark, I missed your post. I have the Nikon D40X and the D80, and I really like them both. I initially bought a Nikon because the reviews said that the kit lens was poor on the Canon but the Nikon kit lens was quite good. Although I prefer to use prime lens, I must admit the kit lens gives very acceptable results.

Keep your fingers crossed for our bags to arrive.

It's a Kata HB-205 which I have. Fab bag in every way :woot:

Why did you post a pic of that when the freebie bag is a Lowepro Fastpack? :thinking: :thinking:

Hi the link doesn't work, but i am looking forward to receiving me, storing the gear is becoming a bit of a night mere.

It's their site, even if you go to it from the homepage you get the same error - looks like they've been updating the site and someone goofed :bat:

I've got a Velbon UP 4000 which was a free gift with Digital Photo, and I also bought a Leki Sierra Photo walking pole which I thought would be great when trekking. The Velbon isn't too bad, but I decided that I wouldn't trust if for supporting me when coming down mountains. The Leki was great as a spare walking pole, but not much good as a monopod. It's got a stupid knob at the top which makes it rubbish to hold, and because you have to rotate it through 360 degrees to lock and unlock the extensions, it's not at all easy to adjust with your camera on the end of it.

So one is good as a walking pole but no good as a 'pod; the other is good as a 'pod but not a good walking pole?

That's two to cross off my list then. I want to get a combined walking pole/monopod as my old knees - well, the left one at least - can't taking the pounding any more coming downhill - all say 'ahhh' for Parish ;)

as my old knees - well, the left one at least - can't taking the pounding any more coming downhill ;)

Off topic but I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my left knee.
So far the meds are working (phew!).

So one is good as a walking pole but no good as a 'pod; the other is good as a 'pod but not a good walking pole?

That's two to cross off my list then. I want to get a combined walking pole/monopod as my old knees - well, the left one at least - can't taking the pounding any more coming downhill - all say 'ahhh' for Parish ;)

We sound like a load of old crocks. I always use 2 poles when coming down hill and always take a knee brace or 2 if coming down a mountain, due to arthritis in my knee joints.
My solution at the moment is to leave my DSLR at home on mountains and take my creative compact. Not ideal I must admit, but needs must.
I imagine that the best solution would be to get a good quality Manfrotto monopod or similar, because anything which operates by twisting rather than sliding type clips is just impossible to adjust (in my opinion) though others may disagree.

Off topic but I've recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my left knee.
So far the meds are working (phew!).
Another crock:bang: see above. Could be the weight of our camera bags. :thinking: My bag is quite light however, due to the fact that it hasn't arrived yet.:D

Thankfully my knee problem isn't arthritis, something to do with my kneecap and anti-inflams do the trick when it plays up so as long as I take care it shouldn't get any worse, hence the need to get a pole.

Interestingly, I've been to the Doc's twice with it and both times I could tell he was heading down the 'take Ibuprofen and rest it' route but I mentioned that it interferes with my walking and he look confused - probably because I'd walked into the surgery OK - so asked what I meant; I told him I go out walking, he asked how far I walked, 'oh, 15-20 miles'; all of a sudden he takes a lot more interest :LOL:

Another crock:bang: see above. Could be the weight of our camera bags. :thinking: My bag is quite light however, due to the fact that it hasn't arrived yet.:D

I wish this was the case but I'm too new to photography for this to be the cause.
There is also the fact that we don't have the kind of hills here in North London that you have in Wales.
Although we did have a very long walk on Saturday around Hampstead Heath and twice up and over Parliament hill because for once, my good ladies sense of direction got it totally wrong :D

Thankfully my knee problem isn't arthritis, something to do with my kneecap and anti-inflams do the trick when it plays up so as long as I take care it shouldn't get any worse, hence the need to get a pole.

Interestingly, I've been to the Doc's twice with it and both times I could tell he was heading down the 'take Ibuprofen and rest it' route but I mentioned that it interferes with my walking and he look confused - probably because I'd walked into the surgery OK - so asked what I meant; I told him I go out walking, he asked how far I walked, 'oh, 15-20 miles'; all of a sudden he takes a lot more interest :LOL:

Luckily our doc knows us quite well. My husband trained him at football, and he has also followed our walking guides and mountain bike routes. He just asks me how many tubes of Voltarol and cereblex tablets I would like.:bang:
No problem though, it comes and goes, sometimes I can walk 20 miles and sometimes need to rest it. The trick is we just have to keep active.(y)

I wish this was the case but I'm too new to photography for this to be the cause.
There is also the fact that we don't have the kind of hills here in North London that you have in Wales.
Although we did have a very long walk on Saturday around Hampstead Heath and twice up and over Parliament hill because for once, my good ladies sense of direction got it totally wrong :D

Just don't give up. Take the pain killers and keep walking.(y)

Back