Anyone shoot sony? Love minolta lenses

Edit My Images
No
So I was out yesterday at a pumpkin patch and was using an old minolta maxxum lens 70-210 f4 and really love it.

Here's a shot I took. Really love the turn out

I love the Minolta lenses too, especially the primes. I don't shoot Sony though.

387166_4332397598709_1141050514_n.jpg

I have Rokkor 24mm f2.8, 28mm f2.8, 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f2 and 135mm f3.5 and they all work on my Panny G1 via a cheap adapter. You don't have to use a Sony :D

:D

I love the Minolta lenses too, especially the primes. I don't shoot Sony though.

387166_4332397598709_1141050514_n.jpg

:)
I have three of those, bought them for the lenses, but they are very good cameras, and when I get time and I am in the right mood I will take some piccies with them.

I paid £4 for mine, intending to use it as a prop more than anything. I stuck a role of film through it out of curiosity and it's now my main film camera.

intesting thing about minolta lenses, they where colour balanced to be the same, slightly warm tone :)

I do shoot Sony, yes, I love Minolta lenses but (other than not being colour-matched coatings) imo the Sony lenses are better ...

PS I started with Minolta ~1978 ...

I stuck with (poor AF) Sony bodies for a long time purely because of the Minolta lenses. Nothing I've used has beaten the 85/1.4 Minoltas I had, including Canon's 85/1.2 or Sigma's 85/1.4. Beautiful colours.

You can pick up old Minolta digital bodies pretty cheap now - I saw a 7D for £100 the othjer day. Well worth it if you have good glass (and a static subject).

You can pick up old Minolta digital bodies pretty cheap now - I saw a 7D for £100 the othjer day. Well worth it if you have good glass (and a static subject).
yup, something went sadly awry with AF speed between the Dynax 7 & 7D ...
But the current Sony AF is pretty good.

If we're talking Minolta AF, then I've found most rather disappointing. I'm not talking about APO or SSM expensive Minoltas, just the average lenses. The beercan was slow, CA was shocking and not that sharp for me, the 100-200 f/4.5 was slightly better but just equal with a modern Tamron 70-300 macro (the cheap one). The 50mm 1.7 just loved flare and seemed to find the smallest amount of light to produce flare, imo the cheaper Sony SAM 50mm 1.8 is better. The cheapest Minolta AF I ever bought was a 35-70mm f/4 and that was actually rather nice to use, although very restricted on APSC.

I always cringe when people on Dyxum talk about their 28-80 having '"Minolta colours" and only the "Mind of Minolta" could create such lenses. It seems a lot of hysteria has been built about older, average Minoltas.

... I feel like a bad Sony user for speaking out about Minolta, so I'll end with my praise for my little trio of Rokkors I used to own.

Back