Anyone Tryed this Interesting Developing/Darkroom Technique?

Name
Samuel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Just having a look around wikipedia in the 'photographic processing' article when I noticed this:

"If colour negative film is processed in conventional black and white developer, and fixed and then bleached with a bath containing hydrochloric acid and potassium dichromate solution, the resultant film, once exposed to light, can be redeveloped in colour developer to produce an unusual pastel colour effect"

Has anyone here ever tried this and if so how did it go and what did you use in the way of chemical dillutions etc. I may have a go at this after I have got a bit of experience with my dad using his developing kit and enlarger that he has not used for years.

Sounds way too complicated, are there any example photos anywhere?

Hi,

Just having a look around wikipedia in the 'photographic processing' article when I noticed this:

"If colour negative film is processed in conventional black and white developer, and fixed and then bleached with a bath containing hydrochloric acid and potassium dichromate solution, the resultant film, once exposed to light, can be redeveloped in colour developer to produce an unusual pastel colour effect"

Has anyone here ever tried this and if so how did it go and what did you use in the way of chemical dillutions etc. I may have a go at this after I have got a bit of experience with my dad using his developing kit and enlarger that he has not used for years.

erm I suppose these days Photoshop is used on the scanned neg.

No could not find any example pictures anywhere - vaguely mentioned in some sites but no examples. :(

erm I suppose these days Photoshop is used on the scanned neg.

If what happened in this months competition for "Cross Processing" is anything to go by, I expect you're right sadly. Turned into a Photoshop Masterclass :LOL: Still, at least a few of us die-hards submitted a proper cross-processed film shot :shrug: Not getting many votes for it though - guess I should just have sold out and gone dijical :naughty:

I've tried cross processing most film/dev combos but that one eludes me. Print in lith dev is fun at dilutions that would shame a homeopath. Takes about a week for an image to come through but interesting results.

Hi

I used to like doing, B/W, with Lithe processing and lithe Printing on Lithe paper, then Selenium toning, fabulous colours, oranges, greens, pinks (y) from what should be black and white, This is the only image I ever scanned and unfortunately it doesnt show the green and orange tones as I was carp at scanning, basically coz it was a cheap scanner, 10 yrs ago, taken in Rhodes town Rhodes in 2000

4498978683_72dab878ec_o.jpg

Dave

Back