anyone upgraded from a D7100 to D7200 for small birds - with note to Mods

Edit My Images
No
it is in this section Mods because I am only interested in using a DX crop camera for small birds

If so I would be grateful for your comments as Xmas is here and I see that you can get a new D7200 with 3 year warranty for £599

Last edited:
In a sense Bill yes, I've had a D7000, D7100 and I've now got a D7200 though I didn't go from the D7100 to D7200.
The D7200 virtually lives on my 500 f4 (though hopefully tomorrow it'll be on the new 300 f4) and it is brilliant, I love it more than I loved my D4!
IMO it's head and shoulders above the D7100 in AF ability and gives excellent resolution in reasonable low-light (it's not competing with the D750).

@BillN_33 HDEW now £579 until midnight Monday, inc 3-year warranty ... cheaper than Panamoz!

I'd be more tempted to get uk and free grip at moment but I've done d7100 to d7200 but was a gap in between but the d7200 really does have better AF (not sure how much more but an improvement and seems faster ?

Have any of you ever used HDEW?

And, I take it, they're grey imports?

That's a really good deal on the D7200.

Yes
Yes, I would think so
and Yes

(just about too place an order ... I hope!!)

I got my D7200 from Richmond camera's on Ebay, there price is £619.99 but includes next day delivery it also includes a 3 year guarantee so another place worth considering maybe?

Interesting read, having just picked up a Sigma 150-600mm C I'm certainly interested in a newer body that can handle slightly higher ISO due to the speed of the Siggy at the long end, and increased AF performance would come in handy too (currently have a D7100)

Back