Anyone Use BenQ ScreenBar Monitor Light or Other?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Looking at one of these but I have a monitor hood that came with the Benq monitor so anyone out there use this actual brand or one of the many others out there and can it be used with the hood on the monitor? Thankyou, Russ.

I recently got the Xiaomi MI light bar off Amazon for £40 after a recommendation from a friend. I was previously considering the benq version but thats 4 times more. So far I’m happy I went with a cheaper version. It works well as a desk light with no reflection on the screen. It comes with a remote control puck and turns on and off with the monitor as it’s plugged into a USB A socket on the rear of the monitor. I’ve been wanting some desk light for a while as it’s dim where my monitor is with the room light located nearly behind me. The light bar solves the problem.

I’m not sure a light bar would would work with a hood. It sits on top of the screen with a little front ledge holding it in place and the counterweight leaning on the back of the monitor. It sits about 2-3cm above the top of the monitor. It all depends how the hood connects to the monitor. I’m guessing directly to the top of the monitor with no gap. If you have a benq monitor I’d email their support and ask if the hood and light bar can be used together.

Edit: a quick google answers the light bar and hood question:
DA248451-1824-48CD-A324-42CE172E3A49.jpeg
Link to info location:

Last edited:
Many Thanks Rob, having a look at the Xiaomi MI light bar now.
Russ.

FWIW

I have a BenQ with a hood and cannot see the benefits for me to have a strip lamp shining down over the monitor.

For desk illumination I have a small Anglepoise brand lamp with a 6500 Kelvin led lamp set to one side of the monitor. When turned on it throws enough light to work as needed without intrusive light on the monitor screen.

Back