Anyone use Davinci Resolve 18 ?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I'm having a problem where I don't see certain clips on my GoPro Hero 10 when I play them back on the camera, but I can download the clips onto the computer. When I'm in Resolve, there's no audio, but there is on other clips. I haven't used them since June last year. I've changed some video settings on the GoPro, but that won't affect the audio.

I'm stuck.

I can't find anything on the internet, so thought I might try here.

no sound.jpg

The audio should be encoded into the video file by the camera, I don't think it is an editing fault unless Resolve is looking at an audio stream it can not decode. Have you tried to play the files as MP3 on a PC or Mac before importing to the edit suite, do they have audio? If audio is present on the files, find out what codec the camera is using and check that Resolve has them installed.
I will confess to been a very occasional user of Resolve and in no way an expert, I expect others with more experience will be along later.

My gopro videos will play in windows or VLC player (with sound) so you should be able to test them. Just a thought, are you using the built in gopro mike or an external? If external it could be a contact issue.

Reactions: zx9
Oh I forgot to say the clips with no sound are also sped up.

I'll try resetting the GoPro, but I'll have to photograph all the settings I have on it

@ScottT I don't know how because I turn it on with the quick button that's on top and it records in the setting that was previously used. And I have no idea how to turn Hyperlapse on

Reactions: nog
Reactions: zx9
@ScottT I don't know how because I turn it on with the quick button that's on top and it records in the setting that was previously used. And I have no idea how to turn Hyperlapse on
I use the Hero 9, when you turn it on it goes straight to the last setting used, plus its very easy to change the settings if you are handling it a lot, i once shot what I though was a great video from my kayak (lovely day on Coniston) and i hadnt noticed when positioning it i had changed it into timelapse mode and as i had been previously shooting a long (15sec interval) timelapse my lovely video became a very short timelapse where nothing matched up.

Hyperlapse is the top setting in the timelapse menu, so its fairly easy to switch it into that mode if you are handling it a lot.

Back