anyone used a sigma 150mm os macro lens on a d750

Edit My Images
Yes
hi all just bought a second hand sigmamacro 150mm f2.8 os lens but dont think that the optical stabilisation is working, and it is the lens that is at fault , the reason i say that is that i know the sigma 150-500mm needed a firmware update for it to work with the d750 and is that the case with this one as well so just wondering if anyone has used this combo and the os is working ok cheers

Last edited:
Mine needed to have the firmware updated so I presume that's the case with yours. Try it on an older camera model if you can to confirm that's the case and the OS is not faulty.

I'm pretty sure @Bazzle uses one of these, I know its a siggy and 150mm 'cos I've used it. I've tagged him so maybe he will see it and confirm :)

Mine needed to have the firmware updated so I presume that's the case with yours. Try it on an older camera model if you can to confirm that's the case and the OS is not faulty.
thanks for that

Yep I use that combo and to be honest it works really well for me although my lens is new (about 6 months maybe slightly longer but not much) and as such it could have a newer firmware version but this lens is not compatible with the usb dock
This is an example image taken with the pair hand held
TP-0188.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

cheers barrie its an upgrade from the tamron 90mm(i hope):)

Yes it is, I also have the tamron 90 which is a lens I've always loved to use but I do think that the sigma 150 is a much better buy and I love the results I've been getting with it here is another one I took at the Megga meet with it, this guy was about 10mm long. I find the lens means I don't have to get so " in there face" with the slightly longer closest focusing distance I'm very happy with it
TP-0212.jpg by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

do you find the 150 is as sharp as the tamron 90,not used the 150 enough to make any decisions due to the lovely weather:(

Back