Anyone Used the German made walimex pro Aluminium Gimbal Head A20?

You may have more luck Russ if you can find out who actually makes it or some more common brand names (at least in the UK) that it's sold under.

You may have more luck Russ if you can find out who actually makes it or some more common brand names (at least in the UK) that it's sold under.
Thankyou for the reply. It seems as far as I can find out that Walimex is a German company but I suspect like many import product parts that are made in places like China then fit them together and say made in ???? although they state that they use bearings. Maybe give it a punt and see? Thank again, Russ.

The (slightly?) odd thing is that I could not find the camera gimbals on their website but Amazon (UK and other European Amazon sites list them) not too sure what to make of that "mid-March"

I did a quick search... all of the better stores here (B&H/Adorama/etc) no longer carry them. Very little good information available. And looking at the video closely it seems to be pretty marginal (flex/etc). I think I would avoid it...

Last edited:
After posting I Sent them an email asking where the A20 is made as a lot of far eastern models are full of thick grease and the reply 'It is made outside EU.' short and sweet answer. Russ.

Keep an eye out for a used Wimberley 2?

Mine was £200 and in nice nick, but that was a while ago. More recently (this summer) a friend picked up an even nicer one for not much more + it came with a nice camo cover.

Both from FleaBay. Just food for thought?

Back