anyone used the Sigma 135-400mm f/4.5-5.6 DG APO

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Im interested in buying this lens and was wondering what are peoples views on it. Is it sharp? What is the focusing light, fast/slow, noisey/quite?

Also what is it like weight wise as i plan on using it for equine photography and abit of wildlife and general long lens use.

Cheers

Im interested in buying this lens and was wondering what are peoples views on it. Is it sharp? What is the focusing light, fast/slow, noisey/quite?

Also what is it like weight wise as i plan on using it for equine photography and abit of wildlife and general long lens use.

Cheers
I have used one, not very sharp, slow AF and noisey.

Im looking for a lens mainly for shooting horse's show jumping etc, maybe abit of wildlife. Can anyone recomend me a decent lens for the job, i have about 500 pounds to spend. Ive been looking at the Canon 70-200 F4 but im worried i would be longing for more length if i were to dabble in some wildlife photography.

Is it worth buying the canon lens and saving up for the 1.4x extender?

Im looking for a lens mainly for shooting horse's show jumping etc, maybe abit of wildlife. Can anyone recomend me a decent lens for the job, i have about 500 pounds to spend. Ive been looking at the Canon 70-200 F4 but im worried i would be longing for more length if i were to dabble in some wildlife photography.

Is it worth buying the canon lens and saving up for the 1.4x extender?
Canon 70-300?

Yoy may well be able to pick up a Sigma 100-300 F4 EX secondhand for that sort of money if you bide your time. Great lens with tons of great reviews.

Can't rate mine highly enough.

Russ

Back