Anyone used these cf cards before?

Haven't used, no, but the MyMemory site states up to 20MB/s read rate and up to 9MB/s write rate, whereas the Kingston 133x is 25MB/s read, 20MB/s write and £10.99 from 7dayshop. The MyMemory card has a better read speed than the SanDisk Ultra II.

Never heard of them, why risk your shots when Sandisk is not much more expensive?

Play.com has the 4GB Extreme III from Sandisk for £14.99 if I remember correctly; of course with Free Postage. Definitely the best option.

So how many people here have bought loads of non-Sandisk cards (like me) and never had any fail (like me) and have no worries getting the cheapest going (like me) because they don't rattle off 10 frames per sec (like me) ?

You won't notice much difference (or any) between expensive SanDisk Extreme IV cards and slightly cheaper ones. Most DSLRs can't actually use those Exteme IV cards to their full potential. It's only essential to use fast cards on cameras like the D3 or 1D MKIII.

That being said, i'd never cheap-out on a memory card. You don't have to buy the best, most expensive card (unless you have a D3 or 1DMKIII), but definitely don't buy the cheapest.

I only use sandisk and never had a problem with them
cards are so cheap now why bother with the cheap brands.
People spend hundreds if not thousands on camera gear then skimp by £3 to get a cheaper card.:LOL:

MyMemory buy cards from other manufacturers & put their own sticky label on them. It would be pretty stupid of them to ruin their reputation by selling a dodgy card with their name on it.

However I'd never buy a card of ebay/amazon unless it was from an established shop .......

Back