1. John Young

John Young

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was contacted a while ago from a company called Tryilo to borrow or rent equipment. Just wondered if it would be worth it to rent unused gear ? Or is it a horror story :cautious:

https://tryilo.com

2. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    There was a thread about that type of business a good while back but I cannot recall the website URL though consensus was I think to the 'bargepole principle' !

3. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I saw something a little while ago about a photographer who rented out his equipment when he wasn't using it. He made quite a bit of money from it and it's apparently all insured through the company/website that runs it all.

I can't remember the name of the company/website but I think I saw it on the TV but he was saying that so far, he's never had a problem.

Personally I don't think I could do it, but I'm a hobbyist and look after my gear. Maybe for a pro who uses his gear as a tool and not to bothered if it has a scratch here or there it could be a lucrative sideline.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. John Young

John Young

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hmm.. might be of interest for unused kit rather than sell it

5. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No