Anyone using a 70-200 F4L IS on 400D?

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Just wondering if anyone is using this combo and what they think of it really. How is the balance? Do you use a battery grip?

I tried a 70-200 F2.8L IS at the weekend, but it was far too big and heavy for what I want to use it for.

From what I've read the 70-200 F4 IS is a great lens. Can you recommend it for the 400D?

Cheers,
Ed

Got mine arriving from Kerso tomorrow so I will let you know soon.

Got mine arriving from Kerso tomorrow so I will let you know soon.

Excellent, thanks for that. I got a price from him last week and I've been trying to contact him ever since (via email). Don't suppose you know whether he is in the country?

I used that lens on a 350D, so pretty similar.

I never found it a terribly unbalanced setup. Generally, I used my camera with a battery grip though. Even without it though, it was fine.

I used that lens on a 350D, so pretty similar.

I never found it a terribly unbalanced setup. Generally, I used my camera with a battery grip though. Even without it though, it was fine.

Good news, thanks. Think I'll go ahead and get one, if I can get hold of Kerso!

I have the 400D with the battery grip and that very lens.
Its a fantastic lens and I dont have any problems with weight/ balance.
have used it with a monopod but would recommend a using a better quality tripod
than the lightweight one I own.
Even hand held I find it very managable and I'm only a little thing!!!!

Even hand held I find it very managable and I'm only a little thing!!!!

Cool! Thanks for the feedback Bridget - might have to add a battery grip to the shpping list too :) I've thought about getting one for a while, but now I have a good excuse ;)

Cool! Thanks for the feedback Bridget - might have to add a battery grip to the shpping list too :) I've thought about getting one for a while, but now I have a good excuse ;)

Ordered a battery grip today, should get it tomorrow.

Just need Kerso to get better now so that I can order a 70-200 IS ;)

I have a 350D and the use the battery grip too, it helps the whole outfit much easier to use. Mind you, the body looks a bit big with my little 50mm F1.8 on it :LOL:

I have the 75-300 f4/f5.6 IS, which is a bit bigger (I think) and the set up is quite well balance IMPO.

Have fun with your new kit !!

Steve

I used the f/2.8 IS on a 400D for a while
( sans grip)
and never found it an issue.
Hold the lens not the camera, is the way I did it.
It worked for me at least(y)

Hi,

I have a 400D and got my 70-200 f4 IS from Kerso about a week ago.

No problems with the handling at all, I do not use a battery grip but use camera armor (a rubber case) that fits the 400D. I find that this makes the camera bigger, easier to use and hold because I find the body a tad small.

The lens is fantastic!

Hope this helps.

I use the 70-200 f4 hand-held on a 400D, with no problems - although I do have the battery grip.

Back