Beginner Anyone using a Sigma 105mm Macro Lens on a Nikon D7100?

• Thread starter Deleted member 70912
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 70912

Hi there,

I'm going to purchase a Nikon D7100 in the new year and was wondering whether anyone uses the Sigma 105mm lens on the same camera mentioned before? Would love to see some results!
I'm interested in Nature Photography, so if anyone has any macro nature shots of their own, while using the equipment, please do comment.

Thanks,
Calum Timms.

Hi Calum - I feel you will get better response if you ask mods to move to the 'Talk Equipment' section or even on the Macro section as a lot of there use the Sigma 105mm lens.

I've got one but shoot canon (most my 105 shots will be from a 300d). This one isn't great, but it's a bee shot with a 105mm macro

And I quite like the DoF you can get from still life macros although can only find this test shot;

Found some more shots that are a little nicer so here's another;

CRW_9453
by marksweb, on Flickr

If you have a play with Flickr search then you'll be able to get what you want;
https://www.flickr.com/search/?tags=exif:focal_length="105 mm"&lens:make=sigma&camera:model="Nikon D7100"

Although looks like that get a mix of Nikon bodies.

Last edited:
I used to have a D7100 (a very good camera) and on a occasion I used the sigma 105mm os Marco lens with it. A few examples are shown below. I'm not great at macro so they probably don't show of the D7100 and sigma 105mm os at their best.

Evening Poppies
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Ladybird
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Ladybird
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Bee on Lavender
by Rob'81, on Flickr

I've never used Nikon but I've used that lens on a 30D, 60D and 5Dmk3. It's a very nice lens which my dad now uses. A friend of mine has either a 5200 or 7100 and that lens too, although I haven't seen him upload any photos yet!

I used to have a D7100 (a very good camera) and on a occasion I used the sigma 105mm os Marco lens with it. A few examples are shown below. I'm not great at macro so they probably don't show of the D7100 and sigma 105mm os at their best.

Evening Poppies
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Ladybird
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Ladybird
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Bee on Lavender
by Rob'81, on Flickr

Love your work Rob! - These are great macro shots and your post has definitely helped me with my query.

Thanks and kind regards,

Calum.

Used the Sigma on a Pentax K5 for a while and can verify it is a lovely piece o glass and very good value for money. Also a very good portrait lens.

I have the 90mm version and prefer the 105mm (I got it cheap enough for it to sway me)

Back