Anyone who knows stuff about speakers?

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
If you know of a specific speaker forum, a link would be nice. But if you can answer my question, that will be fine too :p

Basically, I have an Xbox 360 and a regular CRT television.

I'm getting my bedroom redone next week, and I'm going to be buying a high definition TV - a 26" LG 26LC55 and a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers - Logitech G51

I know how I'm going to connect the Xbox to the TV, the TV has 2 HDMI slots and I have a HDMI cable.
Now, question time.
I know sweet F.A about speakers, and so I don't have the foggiest about how I'm going to connect firstly:
1. My Xbox to my speakers
2. My TV to my speakers

I know the Xbox 360 has an optical input thing for speakers, but thats all I know.
Some advice would be ace, and I've read that those speakers are amazing value for money, but if you know of better surround sound speakers for about the same price (upto £175) I'd be glad to know :)

UPDATE I just read that I won't get surround sound from my TV, which makes sense. But I'd still like the sound from the TV to be produced on the speakers. Better quality, etc.

http://uk.lge.com/products/model/detail/lcdtv_26lc55.jhtml

right reading on the LG website that tv has only one "output" for sound this being an optical digital output, which the speaker set you listed doesnt accept as an input (a PC setup is designed to accept inputs from only 1 source (i.e the pc) rather than the xbox, tv, dvd etc

maybe getting a "one box" home cinema system would be better, hopefully this would have the inputs you need to connect all your components to.

you cant beat a proper AV reciever setup but i have a feeling that would be out of your price range

Right, so those speakers are out of the question.
And the Xbox 360 has an optical output too.

I only have the Xbox 360 to connect up to the speakers, so I don't mind if the speakers only have one input.

If you're looking for a forum about anything to do with audio or visual, you can't go wrong with AVForums. Questions tend to get answered pretty quickly on there as well.

Back